Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SCREEN SHOTS : GOD OF WAR 3

Options
  • 11-09-2009 2:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

gow3-5.jpg
    gow3-4.jpg
    gow3-3.jpg
    gow3-2.jpg
    gow3-1.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Not quite a fighting game in the traditional sense but I don't care because the screens look amazing! Have been excited about this game for some time...It's one of the few games that would tempt me to get the PS3.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

Beautiful screenshots. Hope the gameplay lives up to it's predecessors.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

grey grey grey Grey Grey Grey GREY GREY GREY

• Registered Users Posts: 11,009 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Not a fighting game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Not a fighting game though.

Them's fighting words...

OT, lovely lovely screenshots, if they gameplay lives up, GOW combined with the recent form factor redux and price drop may push me to buying Sonys machine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Greys not too bad, better than brown anyways, its one of the few reasons I can understand the existence of PS3.
    If this and certain other games weren't exclusives then there'd be no reason to have a PS3

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I hope this, uncharted 2 and a few other surprise exclusives are good because at the moment my 500 dollar investment wasn't worth it for Wipeout HD, Valkyria chronicles and uncharted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Wipeout HD, Valkyria chronicles and uncharted.

Demon's Souls... :confused: you brought it to my attention in the first place, and it's amazing. Also don't forget The last guardian, that alone should justify the purchase.

Screens mean nothing to me tbh. It's very easy to take a screenshot at just the right angle to make the game look amazing. That being said, can't wait for this. Will be getting all 3 GoW together for the PS3 and playing them back to back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

What colour would you choose for a cavern... Flourescent green?:confused:

Looks fantastic to me, definitely right at the top of my wishlist along with ME2, Blur and Uncharted 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

Hang on ... that's a game?; for the PC? Christ, I've ben out of this industry for a long time! The last big game that I played was GTA SA, but I had to even play that with all graphics optiojns turned down. It's frightening the detailin that, but it's not necessary. THe 'wow' aspect is what draws you in, but is the gameplay actually good?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Kevster wrote: »
    Hang on ... that's a game?; for the PC? Christ, I've ben out of this industry for a long time! The last big game that I played was GTA SA, but I had to even play that with all graphics optiojns turned down. It's frightening the detailin that, but it's not necessary. THe 'wow' aspect is what draws you in, but is the gameplay actually good?

Unfortunately for Playstation 3 only. But if it lives up to the original two the gameplay will be brilliant!

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Kevster wrote: »

It's a PS3 exclusive, you can pretty safely say that it'll never make it to the pc...
    And yes, the series has always played as good as it looks, if not better:)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I hope this, uncharted 2 and a few other surprise exclusives are good because at the moment my 500 dollar investment wasn't worth it for Wipeout HD, Valkyria chronicles and uncharted.

Metal Gear Online ftw you old queen. You got ripped off anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

looks amazing, cant wait

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

L31mr0d wrote: »
    Demon's Souls... :confused: you brought it to my attention in the first place, and it's amazing. Also don't forget The last guardian, that alone should justify the purchase.

God haven't played it in months. Totally forgot about it. Must play it again. It is indeed excellent and probably the most original implementation of online features I've seen since Quake.

What's Demon's Souls? First time I've even heard of it!

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/demonssouls

Don't be put off by people calling it an RPG, it's closer to an action game. A really tough tactical action game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 petronelasam

gow3-5.jpg
    gow3-4.jpg
    gow3-3.jpg
    gow3-2.jpg
    gow3-1.jpg

[snip]
    Failed viral campaign? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

What's Demon's Souls? First time I've even heard of it!

It's in a league of it's own. The RPG elements extend as far as leveling up your character and upgrading your weapons. There is very little dialogue in it, in fact it's main goal was to make the player feel isolated and alone against a seemingly insurmountable task.

I can only recommend you play it. When this generation of consoles is over Demon's Souls will firmly be in the Top 10, for innovation (too much to go into briefly), atmosphere and gameplay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Bandwidth exceeded!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

didnt think the pics were all that tbh :/

I'm sure the gameplay with be fun..right up till the QTEs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

A pretty good video here.

Advertisement