Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sonata Arctica - The Days of Grays

Options
  • 11-09-2009 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭

sonata_newcd.jpg

It's been leaked a week or so before release and I managed to snag a high quality leak of it! I'll probably end up buying it later on because it's simply amazing.

It's a shame that 'Flag in the Ground' is the only 'old' style Sonata track on it, but that's not a problem, the rest is astounding. 'Deathaura' is basically the 'White Pearl, Black Oceans...' of this album, and 'The Last Amazing Grays' was an excellent choice of single. The lyrics and music just work so well together, and it's catchy as hell. I'm still digesting the rest.

Anyone else heard it? :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭rgt320q

Listened to the tracks up on myspace. Wasn't to impressed to be honest, same with Unia. Preferred the sound on the first few albums. Seems I'll have to look elsewhere for my ultra speedy power metal fix now.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Heard Last Amazing Grays on Spotify the other night, seemed good enough. Ashamedly like the orchestral version too. :)

Haven't heard any of the rest of the album, as it's not available. Will probably buy the CD when it's out.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

On first listen... I hate it. :(

I'll have to give it another listen though, it took Unia a long time to grow on me.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

A limited edition version is listed on Amazon. Although nothing specific is listed, it would seem that the 2nd CD will have an orchestral version of 7 of the tracks.

I presume this is the version on Amazon.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Listened to it a few times, extremely unimpressed =/

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Mn81

Ya Gotta be patient with it, but it will grow on ya, It peaks somewhere between track 4 and 11, truth is out there probably my favourite. There's probably no chance of gettin to see them in Dublin any time soon now that DME is gone, hopefully the sales in Ireland are high enough to get MCD's attention. Pity cos the last time they played there was a great turnout

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Rockettmeister

I didn't like most of Reckoning Night, I pretty much didn't like all of Unia, and I really don't like/am generally confused by most of this album too. Oh well at least I have Ecliptica, Silence & Winterheart's Guild to remember why I loved these guys :(

They were ****ing awesome at The Button Factory though

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Dark Artist

Just thought I'd dig up this thread cause I've been listening to this one a lot lately. I was the same as a lot of people, hugely unimpressed upon first listen, but after a long time I've realised it's actually a pretty amazing album :pac:
    The slowest grower I have ever encountered possibly haha.

Deathaura, The Last Amazing Grays, Flag In the Ground, Juliet and No Dream Can Heal a Broken Heart are pure quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Just thought I'd dig up this thread cause I've been listening to this one a lot lately. I was the same as a lot of people, hugely unimpressed upon first listen, but after a long time I've realised it's actually a pretty amazing album :pac:
    The slowest grower I have ever encountered possibly haha.

Deathaura, The Last Amazing Grays, Flag In the Ground, Juliet and No Dream Can Heal a Broken Heart are pure quality.

I'm glad somebody dug up this thread to appreciate this album. :)

Winterheart's Guild, Reckoning Night and Ecliptica were always my top 3 albums but I think The Days of Grays has moved to spot number 3!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Never got into into myself, their wost by some distace imo

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
Advertisement