Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunne and Maxwell Financial Management..... Has anyone had an dealings with them??

• 11-09-2009 2:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I am having trouble managing my debts.... I was in touch with MABS but apparently there is a long waiting list in my area to get assistance off them. I seen an advertisment for Dunne and Maxwell in the Metro Newspaper a while back and noted down the number. They claim to negotiate on your behalf with your debtors to find a payment you can manage. Just wondering if anyone has heard of them or had any dealings with them....

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

i work in credit control and have dealt with them but they aint very big... I think mabs are best but the long waiting lists aint helping anyone. It will take the hassle out if you have a number of creditors looking for money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 MarcusP

Hi Simon, could you tell me how long it takes for them to negotiate your payments to your creditors, I presume its all legit and will improve your credit rating overall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 MarcusP

Apologies that post was directed at Chris.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 silverstrand

Dunne and Maxwell are unregulated in Ireland they are now trading as YourMoney.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kerrydude40

Has anyone had trouble trying to contact Dunne & Maxell today? I am afraid I am after being duped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 kerrydude40

Hey
    Did you get on to Dunne & Maxwell today? I have tried contacting them and have had no luck. I gave them €1000 on Friday and am sick thinking I will never see it again or will my creditors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Id love to know what legal basis do Dunne and Maxwell have to negotiate debts on behalf of a debtor?

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

kerrydude40, I've merged your other post with this thread. No point in having two threads on the go at once, it'll be easier for posters follow and post on one thread. :)

stepbar wrote: »
    Id love to know what legal basis do Dunne and Maxwell have to negotiate debts on behalf of a debtor?

legal basis has no relevance. The person has sought their assistance. They are just acting on behalf of them.

MABS have no legal basis either, they now have an agreed protocol in place with the banks and they are reputable and the people seek their assistance. They have no regulations either but are goverment run, reputable and an agreed procedure with the banks so they are fine.

Dunne and Maxwell are not worth it in my opinion.

chris85 wrote: »
    legal basis has no relevance. The person has sought their assistance. They are just acting on behalf of them.

MABS have no legal basis either, they now have an agreed protocol in place with the banks and they are reputable and the people seek their assistance. They have no regulations either but are goverment run, reputable and an agreed procedure with the banks so they are fine.

Dunne and Maxwell are not worth it in my opinion.

Thus my point. If I was a bank or otherwise, a nice worded letter would be going out to Dunne and Maxwell politely telling them to Fcuk Off. As for MABS, whilst they have no legal standing they have the benefit of government backing and funding etc. I could also tell them to politely Fcuk Off but I guess under the spirit of the IBF rules I'd be more inclinded to negotiate with them.

• Advertisement

Thus my point. If I was a bank or otherwise, a nice worded letter would be going out to Dunne and Maxwell politely telling them to Fcuk Off. As for MABS, whilst they have no legal standing they have the benefit of government backing and funding etc. I could also tell them to politely Fcuk Off but I guess under the spirit of the IBF rules I'd be more inclinded to negotiate with them.

Its not really under spirit of the IBF rules they are more inclined to deal with mabs. They have no choice in the matter as they have agreed to the protocol and cant go back on it. A few banks aint part of it though.

The banks regularly tell these other people like dunne and maxwell where to go as they are interested not in their clients reducing their debts but more so getting their payments reduced so they inflate their outgoings drastically. They then show on paper that can pay less. This means the people are lumped with paying debts for longer. They should be advising them where to cut down on outgoings where possible to have their debts cleared quicker.

Its not really under spirit of the IBF rules they are more inclined to deal with mabs. They have no choice in the matter as they have agreed to the protocol and cant go back on it. A few banks aint part of it though.

The IBF rules have no standing in law. They are guidlines more than anything else. Whilst a number of banks have signed up to same based on it being mutual beneficial to both parties, the same banks would be well entitled to tell MABS to fcuk off. But they won't given the bad press that would follow.

The IBF rules have no standing in law. They are guidlines more than anything else. Whilst a number of banks have signed up to same based on it being mutual beneficial to both parties, the same banks would be well entitled to tell MABS to fcuk off. But they won't given the bad press that would follow.

Yeah of course there is no legal standing but they have taken part in discussion on this protocol and agreed to it so will not deviate from it.

Yeah of course there is no legal standing but they have taken part in discussion on this protocol and agreed to it so will not deviate from it.

Therefore, my point still stands. Banks want their money back. There's nothing stopping them from parking the IBI rules and taking matters into their own hands. But as I've said it's unlikely to happen given the straightened times we live in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 460 ✭✭four18

On Liveline now, Not looking good !

Article in the Journal. Central Bank has advised people to stop paying them.

http://www.thejournal.ie/stop-payments-now-central-bank-advises-yourmoney-ie-customers-336445-Jan2012/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Never trust an organisation that can't spell "lose".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Big D Power

Central Bank is concerned with Maxwell and Dunne dealings and advised its customers to cease payments to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

what a shower of c*nts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Big D Power

Unfortunately, I am a customer with massive debt. Had been with Dunne and Maxwell since 2009. Now got a legal threat from one of my creditors - no thanks to Dunne and Maxwell. MABS and Credit Unions are all useless. Now have to mop up the mess - yet again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement