Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this normal?

Options
  • 11-09-2009 3:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

Hi,

I'm just wondering has anyone experienced the same thing as me? I came off the pill in Jan and had fairly eratic cycles in the first few months. First cycle 66 days, second 73, third 36 and fourth 37. So it's getting regular now. Last month I experienced all the preg signs for nearly two weeks before getting period - nausea, back pain, tender boobs, and cramps towards end. I'm only on day 18 of this cycle and I'm nauseous every few days since day 4 and have back pain & some cramping every so often. I know from last two cycles that I wont ovulate until around day 25 and my temp hasn't gone up, so know that i couldn't be pg.

Also I've had light spotting for the past three days, something i never had before. Is this kind of stuff normal and do I have to put with the nausea now that I'm off pill. Is it something I just have to live with?

Not looking for medical advice here, but just wonderin if anyone else experienced the same thing after going off pill?

Tnx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

sounds like your body is just reajusting... I think its good sign that your last two cycles were shorter add around the same number of days.... not too sure abut the nausea, could be just all of the hormones......? I'd say it's retty normal though:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 prissylee

Thanks Detectivefox,

Perhaps you're right. Maybe it is still my body readjusting after being on pill. I guess I can live with the nausea. Not the end of the world, just a bit annoying at times. I was freaking out a bit over spotting (brown discharge some days, pink other days, sorry tmi!) but thankfully it only lasted four days and is gone now. Whatever that was...

I guess I'm not the only one who's body symptoms are playing up. It's just frustrating when you can't pinpoint why and how they're there!

Tnx

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

prissylee wrote: »
    Thanks Detectivefox,

Perhaps you're right. Maybe it is still my body readjusting after being on pill. I guess I can live with the nausea. Not the end of the world, just a bit annoying at times. I was freaking out a bit over spotting (brown discharge some days, pink other days, sorry tmi!) but thankfully it only lasted four days and is gone now. Whatever that was...

I guess I'm not the only one who's body symptoms are playing up. It's just frustrating when you can't pinpoint why and how they're there!

Tnx

My other half was exactly the same when she came off the pill. Spotting, cramping, nausea, erratic cycles - just like yourself.

She's now 5 months pregnant :)

Though as always, if you are unsure about something, or need advice, go to your GP :)

My other half was exactly the same when she came off the pill. Spotting, cramping, nausea, erratic cycles - just like yourself.

She's now 5 months pregnant :)

Though as always, if you are unsure about something, or need advice, go to your GP :)

Dublin Gunner,

Thanks so much for that. That is very reassuring to know others are experiencing the same kind of thing and it's not just me! That's great that your oh is now preg, congrats! There's hope for us all yet.. And will avail of doc services if this prolongs or gets any worse. Just wanted some advice from other ttc-ers first! Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Dublin Gunner,

Thanks so much for that. That is very reassuring to know others are experiencing the same kind of thing and it's not just me! That's great that your oh is now preg, congrats! There's hope for us all yet.. And will avail of doc services if this prolongs or gets any worse. Just wanted some advice from other ttc-ers first! Thanks again.

Thank you :) We're delighted!

You should have nothing to worry about, there will be plenty of things you've never experienced before, that are all perfectly normal!

But IMO, if you're after suddenly coming off the pill, and are now trying to conceive, it would be best to just get a bit of advice and a check up from your doctor.

Best of luck!!!

• Advertisement

Thanks Detectivefox,

Tnx

sounds like you're having mini periods as your body settles down, totally normal I'd say. I normally get this a full week before my period (i.e. the brownish spotting), a week later I then get a full on period. It's so true when people say everyone's cycle/body is different! The only hassle with that now as I ttc is I sometimes confuse it with impalantation bleeding, so it's a bit dissappointing when my period comes along.....

@ Dublin Gunner: CONGRATS!! :D

sounds like you're having mini periods as your body settles down, totally normal I'd say. I normally get this a full week before my period (i.e. the brownish spotting), a week later I then get a full on period. It's so true when people say everyone's cycle/body is different! The only hassle with that now as I ttc is I sometimes confuse it with impalantation bleeding, so it's a bit dissappointing when my period comes along.....

@ Dublin Gunner: CONGRATS!! :D

Thanks again detective. I bet that's head wrecking and fierce disappointing when you think the spotting is implantation bleeding... The thought crossed my mind too, but knew I couldn't have ovulated either! The joys of ttc-ing eh! The body sure has a mind of its own and it is very true that everyone is different. Good luck to you.

Thanks for ur good wishes too Dublin Gunner. I'm off pill since Jan, so thought body would've settled by now, but obviously not! Best of luck to you and your oh and enjoy this happy time! Hopefully me and detective will be joining the rest of ye soon...

Thanks again detective. I bet that's head wrecking and fierce disappointing when you think the spotting is implantation bleeding... The thought crossed my mind too, but knew I couldn't have ovulated either! The joys of ttc-ing eh! The body sure has a mind of its own and it is very true that everyone is different. Good luck to you.

Thanks for ur good wishes too Dublin Gunner. I'm off pill since Jan, so thought body would've settled by now, but obviously not! Best of luck to you and your oh and enjoy this happy time! Hopefully me and detective will be joining the rest of ye soon...

yeh it's dissapointing alright. I'm 7 DPO (days past ovulation) at the moment and it's really hard to resist the temptation to test, I'm doing well so far, gonna give it another couple of days.... cross your fingers for me..... ;)

Advertisement