Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excel Formula help

Options
  • 11-09-2009 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Im a novice on excel and need help to do the following:

Basically on 1 tab sheet i have a table done up 4 columns wide. 1 of the columns has either a "yes" or "no" in the cell, basically im looking for a formula to copy all the "no" rows to a new tab sheet.

So it would go something like this on the sheet i want the row copied to "where column B equals "no", copy row here!!

Does anyone know the formula to do this??

If that makes sense???:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Google the VLOOKUP function.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭retenzo12

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Google the VLOOKUP function.

I tried that but its giving back an error...do you have an example of such

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

retenzo12 wrote: »
    I tried that but its giving back an error...do you have an example of such

I don't, but Google does. :) (I don't have Excel installed on this computer)

Seriously, you are not helping yourself here. Post up what you have done, what errors you are seeing and any other information you think is relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 MatureStudent

Try using Advanced Filter (on Data menu) but do it from the second sheet as you must move to the current sheet, but data can come from another sheet.

Advertisement