Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How hard can it be, eh?

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Izoard

Feels like Christmas week...house bound, milling Quality Street and mince pies.
    The plum puddings are looking very tempting...

Big training week so far...for the Rathfarnham Snowball Wars:)

Managed to finally hit the last "Gold" target on the SCR challenge for 2010...

Also, took the plunge and signed up for Roth 2011. Haven't yet had the clearance at home, but some time to work on that yet:)

So, the agenda for next year looks like:

April Conn Ultra
    June Sperrin HIM
    June W200
    July Roth
    Sept Brittas Bay Oly
    Sept Lost Sheep HIM
    Oct DCM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭RedB

Nice looking schedule :). Guess you'll be looking for the clearance slip for Xmas. Well done on the Gold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Well done on the last gold Izoard. I might just make it in the nick of time. Nice plan there, with a schedule like that you will hit those gold marks ealier next year ;) Best of luck with clearance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭asimonov

Great stuff, izoard. Well done on the challenge. Nothing to do now but step it up for next year (and maybe get to z4 on your garmin) :-)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Congrats on reaching all three gold targets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,998 ✭✭✭griffin100

I'm sooooo jealous on the Roth thing. I had planned on entering today too but my wife has gone and got herself pregnant and is due around late May so that rules out that - or so she has told me. Looking at later in the summer, UK again possibly (I want another crack at that bike course), Switzerland, Copenhagen or a september one in Mallorca.

Looking forward to the log.

asimonov wrote: »
    Great stuff, izoard. Well done on the challenge. Nothing to do now but step it up for next year (and maybe get to z4 on your garmin) :-)

z4? Anything above z2 is junk...:)

griffin100 wrote: »
    I'm sooooo jealous on the Roth thing. I had planned on entering today too but my wife has gone and got herself pregnant and is due around late May so that rules out that - or so she has told me. Looking at later in the summer, UK again possibly (I want another crack at that bike course), Switzerland, Copenhagen or a september one in Mallorca.

Looking forward to the log.

Pregnant...? They'll do anything to stop you chasing your dreams...:)

It is great that you have such a choice relatively late in the European season.. BTW, has the abberation of the Double IM passed yet?

Oh, and congrats on the impending arrival!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,998 ✭✭✭griffin100

Cheers Izoard. The DIM (what an apt description) is still something I'd like to have a go at. Problem is you really need a support crew for a race like this and apparently 4 kids under 7 including a newborn plus a dubious wife is not really an ideal crew. May still try it without a crew.

I really fancy the O-Till-O but I can't find a team mate for it. Apparently 50km running and 10km swimming in one day is not everyones cup of tea.

Plan is to do Conn Ultra if I'm fit enough and take it from there. Injured at the minute so it's all up in the air.

• Advertisement

Took the kids to see the big man at The North Pole over the weekend.
    Finnish airports happily operating in -30 degrees with snow everywhere.

Diverted to Belfast last night and land in chaotic conditions.

Eventually make it Dublin Airport to pick up the car, where there is about 1 inch on the ground..WTF?

Anyways, struggling to keep the momentum up during the snow...need to start finalizing the plans for 2011 and certainly must get around to the "I've signed up for another Ironman" conversation...

Cycling in this stuff is going to give me Popeye forearms before long...serious mental and physical workout to navigate the roads around Rathfarnham into town.

Add in an hour helping aul 'wans/girls in Micras and anybody in a Merc or BMW, along the way and it is a full body workout!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭RedB

Izoard wrote: »
    Add in an hour helping aul 'wans/girls in Micras and anybody in a Merc or BMW, along the way

Maybe you should change out of the Batman outfit? That's what happens when you're a Superhero :D

Advertisement