Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weather in Cork on sept 11 2001?

Options
  • 11-09-2009 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

Hi, Bit of an odd question bur does anyone remember what the weather was around this time 8 years ago? When 911 was going on.

I seem to recall fairly nice sunny day... but 2 of my friends who live nearby seem to think it was a cloudy overcast day.

Anyone remember?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

It was very sunny not unlike today actually.

I know this for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

thought it got bit cloudy in the afternoon, remember being in UCC and feeling bit chilly in a tshirt but sunny in morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭dez_warlock

I remember it was very sunny and warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

ya very warm, can remember walking back from school.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I remember my PC getting wet as I brought it in to CIT from the car. The radio was going bananas about the towers at that stage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

twas a fine sunny day, not all too much unlike today

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Ya,I was in school.It was really sunny and warm.It's pretty much always when people go back to school and during the Leaving Cert

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

It was a sunny day. I remember that. I remember watching the first tower on TV just after it was hit, someone heard it on their radio & out TV on. We had just left the meeting room & the second plane hit the second tower. I remember at the time that for a brief moment I thought it was a hoax of some sort it was so surreal.
    It is no wonder America is so security conscious now, with all 4 hits they must have felt really vunerable, especially at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭fastrac

Tony O Connell the photographer on Nth Main St had some super photos he took in Bantry that day looking out over the Atlantic .Probably still has copies in the shop.Great place to get quality pics of Cork landmarks.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sixpack's little hat

It was definitely sunny in the early afternoon because I was sitting in the garden sunbathing. I remember because I heard about it first on the Joe duffy show through an open window!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Sunny alright, was out pickin blackberries

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

Yeah it was warm. Maybe sunny. I remember walking home from school.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

Cool, Thanks guys.

I knew I was right.:p

"I'm willing to admit that I may not always be right, but I am never wrong."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Just email Met Eireann and ask?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tazzle

Advertisement