Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Full Court Peace

Options
  • 11-09-2009 4:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭

Hey everyone I've just moved to Belfast to start working with an organisation called Full Court Peace so I said I'd tell ye a bit about it. Our aim is to bring together the two communities in Belfast through peaceful means by using the sport of basketball. Since basketball has no political undertones in Belfast and since there isn't a huge following for the sport it's the ideal sport to use. Disadvantaged schools from either side of the peace walls are brought together to form teams which then train together for the year, culminating in a trip away together during the summer.

Right now we're trying to raise awareness and I figured there's a great crowd of people on this forum so I used my personal account, don't worry there won't be FCP spamming.

The website is www.fullcourtpeace.org

If anyone has any questions or wants to get involved feel free to PM me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

great idea, best of luck with it all.

Advertisement