Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HARMONIUM BELLOWS FIXER

• 11-09-2009 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

I need to get in touch with someone to fix the bellows on my Harmonium.

Doe's anyone know of anyone who does this work? Or perhaps somebody has a diagram of the workings of one??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 georgelowden

.any pics of the problem???

a friend of mine used silicon and linen , to make bellows type items at a factory

Id say try a few tests with the silicon/linen - on something its a bit of a hassle to work with ,(like working with fiberglass) it sticks well and remains flexible... if its a non-flexing part ,,like an edge pva glue and linen would work ...
    but test first ....

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Blaalarry

Thanks a lot Georgelowden, I'd almost given up hope.

I.m going to have to have a very good look and examination of the machine. I can't ,at this time, pinpoint the area so i don't know yet what to photograph. I know the pipes are still working because I can get a sound by pushing the bellows from behind. I guess I'll have to take it apart carefully and look. The problem is I can't fill the bellows.

Luckily these thing are mechanical, not electrical, and if I'm careful I may be able to finger the cause.

I'll keep you posted. Thanks again.

Advertisement