Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Scrappage in Waterford

• 11-09-2009 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Well, I have a 94 peugeot 306 and the head gasket has just gone in it (pity cos a new gearbox, radiator and clutch went into it in the last few months), I'm wondering does anyone know of any people in the waterford area who would either take it for scrappage or buy it for parts. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Why scrap the car? For about 700 euro (at a guess) you can get the head and block skimmed and everything tidyed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 bugz

Yeah thought of that but for 700ish i could get a newer car, was lookin around and for the cost of fixin the head gasket I could get a car in the 97 - 00 region so thats why im lookin to get rid maybe get a few quid towards a new one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

i see the peugeot garage is offering 2000 scrapage deal off new cars,ya mite be able to twist there arm for a deal on a used car,,ya never know but if your car has had work done on it lately ,it woud be worth your while to get the head done and new timing belt aswell and have the peace of mind of knowing the car is ok for another 30,000 mile instead of buying somebodys else problem and getting stung again futher down the line

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

McBrides in Hugginstown, KK will scrap it for you.

Advertisement