Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Affordable Home Interview

Options
  • 11-09-2009 6:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I am due to meet the Council for an interview for an affordable home.

Can anyone tell me what they will ask or if there is anything that I should bring with me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 bombibom

I went to the same interview about a 16 months ago and to be onest there's nothing you should be worried about.There are many things that the councill would ask you.But most common are:
    Are you sure that you want to buy a property.
    Have you asked your bank about a mortgage approval.
    And so on.
    Just try to make a good impression.
    They'll be happy to see you there.
    Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

Which council you going with? I applied to d.c.c a while ago but nothing as of yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 edwi87

bombibom wrote: »
    I went to the same interview about a 16 months ago and to be onest there's nothing you should be worried about.There are many things that the councill would ask you.But most common are:
    Are you sure that you want to buy a property.
    Have you asked your bank about a mortgage approval.
    And so on.
    Just try to make a good impression.
    They'll be happy to see you there.
    Good luck.

Thanks a mil really hope it all goes well!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 edwi87

Oliver1985 wrote: »
    Which council you going with? I applied to d.c.c a while ago but nothing as of yet?

Its with Offaly coco, they have been really nice on the phone and really helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

Oh right I applied to Dublin city but things have come to a stand still due to the normal prices dropping so much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 bombibom

Just a piece of advise.If goes well(fingers cross) and you are offered a house,try to negotiate the price down .Once you have the bank approval you can bargain with them do to the fact that there's very few people approved these days for mortgage.

Advertisement