Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

got a email...

• 11-09-2009 6:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭

you may progress to the next stage of your programme for the 2009/10 academic year

is that mean that i can goto the second year of the course?
    (i was a first year student in the 2008/09 academic year.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 bisto89

Have a wild guess!!!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Of course :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52 ✭✭BBUSYR2

I also got an email saying exemtions granted. I applied for RPLs..... Would this be the outcome for those? I know youre going to say contact dept head.... But does anyone realise how hard it is to actually contact them or anyone out there really for that matter!!!!!

Thanks!

BBUSYR2 wrote: »
    I also got an email saying exemtions granted. I applied for RPLs..... Would this be the outcome for those? I know youre going to say contact dept head.... But does anyone realise how hard it is to actually contact them or anyone out there really for that matter!!!!!

Thanks!
    Exemptions granted sounds good

Cool thats great! Paniking here. Hope its sorted soon. It's crazy out there today! Does anyone have any idea whats going on out there at all! Rant over.

Thanks again.

• Advertisement

Cool thats great! Paniking here. Hope its sorted soon. It's crazy out there today! Does anyone have any idea whats going on out there at all! Rant over.

Thanks again.
    Well you will be exempt from the ones you've previously done or applied to get exempt for. CIT is a bit crazy at moment, lots of people running around not knowing what going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 cit-gurl

exemptions granted means u must go back and repeat whatever modules you failed before progressing into the next year! Sorry... though it does sound good when you read it first! Confusing us is what dey are...:confused:

cit-gurl wrote: »
    exemptions granted means u must go back and repeat whatever modules you failed before progressing into the next year! Sorry... though it does sound good when you read it first! Confusing us is what dey are...:confused:
    :confused: - I wouldn't say so. Excempt means you can avoid doing what ever you applied for. Unless I'm totally wrong now

But I didnt do any repeats i passed everything. Was doing it by night last yr and transfering to day this year and had three rpls submitted.
    I initially thought it was grand but as I read further along the email i get rather confused.

Heres the email..... Any ideas?!....

Your overall result in the Autumn 2009 examinations is: EX - Exemption(s) Granted

Exemption(s) Granted means that you have passed at least one module of the current stage (or year) of your programme, and you are therefore exempt from further examination in those modules(s). However this does NOT mean that you have passed the stage overall - in order to progress to the next stage (or to qualify for your programme award), you are required to repeat and pass any module(s) which you have failed.
    Your detailed module results will be available online from Friday, 18th September. Please refer to our earlier email sent on 31st August for access details.
    If you have any queries about your examination results, please contact your Department.
    Yours sincerely,

CIT Examinations Office

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Signpost

If you have any queries about your examination results, please contact your Department.

If it were me, I'd ask the chaplin ;)

CIT are idiots with regards to straight answers so you will not know untill you ask your dept head for a straight yes or no answer. Best way is sit outside there office untill they answer from experience

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

I got an exemptions granted email, rang up today and found I'd failed...

I was repeating 2nd year this time around already (had personal issues and just sort of quit so I failed everything on my first time doing the year)..

I can repeat the two modules (of the 12) that I failed for 500 quid. Not much money. I have my doubts wether anybody would want to employ someone who takes 5 years to do a 3 year degree though. Was asking my year head what my prospects were and he was pretty vague..

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Signpost

Why would an employer ask you how long it took you to finish your course? All they want is your cert, O Degree / H degree etc. Prob be less in ur best interests to throw away 3 yrs and not finish at this stage, just my opinion!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Mmm.. I'm 26 year old so starting over is not an appealing prospect. Maybe a qualification is a qualification.. I'm just afraid that the length of time it takes would reflect badly on said qualification. Better off to write off 3 years than do 5 and realise nobody wanted to hire you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭captainspeckle

yy885 wrote: »
    you may progress to the next stage of your programme for the 2009/10 academic year

is that mean that i can goto the second year of the course?
    (i was a first year student in the 2008/09 academic year.)

facepalm.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

Mmm.. I'm 26 year old so starting over is not an appealing prospect. Maybe a qualification is a qualification.. I'm just afraid that the length of time it takes would reflect badly on said qualification. Better off to write off 3 years than do 5 and realise nobody wanted to hire you.

might as well keep going so. people keep telling me it doesn't matter how long it takes to get the degree its infinitely better than being a drop out and leaving with nothing.

i seen lads who dropped out after wasting about 3 years. definitely not the best thing to do by the look of it

Advertisement