Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester United

• 11-09-2009 7:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭

728.png V 680.png

Saturday, 12th September K.O 17.30 and live on ESPN

foster
    nev
    Rio
    vidic
    evra
    valenica----fletch----carrick
    Nani
    berba----Rooney

It wouldn't surprise me to see ando or owen starting either

going to be a very tough game for utd but I think we'll just scrape it

Bassong seems to be fit but there's doubts about Ledley and a player who i highly rate Modric is out

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

To be honest i can just see us flexing our muscles and winning this one, spurs are undoubtedly on a great run of form but this is about the stage we really kick into gear and although our performance against Arsenal wasnt pretty, we won the game :p

Id say 3-1 United

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

2-2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Spurs win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

1-1 draw. Lennon and Berbs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

spurs to score first and man utd to come back and win

;)

ill go for 1-2 utd

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭Tyranax

Headshot wrote: »
    spurs to score first and man utd to come back and win

;)

ill go for 1-2 utd

Echoing this. I have a really strong feeling that will be the score, and how it is scored too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Hard to call.

The liverpool fan in me says spurs win but the football fan in me says draw.

just looking at pp

and I see the match is also on tv_tve2.gif

anybody ever hear of that channel ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

I can see united being fairly up for this as Spurs have started brilliantly this year. Spurs are minus Luka Modric as well who has been pulling the strings in midfield for their good start.

I fancy United to edge it 2-1.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Spurs at 11/5 here is a great price imo :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I've a feeling this may be another of those high scoring United/Spurs epics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

flahavaj wrote: »
    I've a feeling this may be another of those high scoring United/Spurs epics.

Hopefully this time United are 3 up at HT and Spurs win it 5-3:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

It'll be a tough game tomorrow, spurs will be well up for this one. They have a few injuries to key players so I'm hoping that will swing it a little in uniteds favour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

3-0.

Defoe brace and Lennon.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Need Berbatov and Rooney to shine tomorrow for sure, keep Lennon quiet and I think we will do it :)

Right back will be a tricky one, I can see Neville getting the nod, although personally I'd rather Fabio/Rafael, Nevilles lack of pace and gametime will be a severe liability and as shown previously (Nasri springs to mind!) can be destroyed rather too easily in his older age.

Fletcher and Carrick to start, although I would not be completely shocked to see Anderson also in here and Berbatov dropped.

Spurs to take the lead and game to end 1-1.

Defoe for Spurs and Rooney for United.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

heard a mad stat earlier, Spurs have only won 1 premiership match in september in the past 6 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Is Bale likely to feature?:P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

This will go to form, ie Spurs to go a couple of goals up, crap themselves at the thought of winning and end up losing 4-2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

+2.5 goals. Spurs to start brightly, get done by a refereeing decision and then crumble. 3-1 Utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

2-3 to United. I reckon Owen will get at least the second half and he will score. Rooney to hopefully score too. Hoping for a great game of end to end stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭Brien

Im calling it as 2-0 for United. Modric and a couple of other doubts for spurs, against United players having done well enough in the internationals (maybe not Berba:pac:)

Its a little hopefull with Utd's defensive troubles of late, but I'm counting on another strong showing from the attack

i'll go for 5-3 united. Spurs to be leading 3-0 in the 85th minute, bale to come on to shore up the defence, score 2 o.g.s and an assist to macheda, then o shea to get 2 on the counter as spurs look for a winner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Even without gomes woodgate king and modric, think super spurs can win this one.Ferdinand bound to be rusty after being out for 6 weeks. Think defoe will be a nightmare for him. Lennon to kill evra again just like in the CC cup final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

just looking at pp

and I see the match is also on tv_tve2.gif

anybody ever hear of that channel ?

Yeah, it's a Spanish channel.

0-2 United, Berba & Vidic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Brien wrote: »
    United players having done well enough in the internationals (maybe not Berba:pac:)

Please don't comment on things that you evidently do not know anything about.

Did you watch the Montenegro 4-1 match? no? Well let me summarise it for you. Berba got a goal and 3 assists for himself (4 if you count that he won his own penalty).

I would say he did pretty well.

Berba-bashing is getting very old.

Please don't comment on things that you evidently do not know anything about.

Did you watch the Montenegro 4-1 match? no? Well let me summarise it for you. Berba got a goal and 3 assists for himself (4 if you count that he won his own penalty).

I would say he did pretty well.

Berba-bashing is getting very old.

You obviously didnt see him against italy midweek...he was his usual sulky self , didnt swing a leg for the match , he has been a bad buy for utd to date.

BERBA wrote: »
    You obviously didnt see him against italy midweek...he was his usual sulky self , didnt swing a leg for the match , he has been a bad buy for utd to date.

I like your user name

I like your user name

Its me !..hope i play well today!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

he has been a bad buy for utd to date.

Could you expand on that a little please.

• Advertisement

Boggles wrote: »
    Could you expand on that a little please.

imo he hasnt justified his 30.75m transfer fee since joining in jan transfer window. Dont get me wrong think he's a great player and i was gutted to see him leave us but for that kinda money i'd have gift wrapped him myself !. just think that any utd fan will tell yeah he hasnt lived up to the heights that were expected of him to date. Bet he starts repaying today...Nnnnoooooooo !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

I don't see anybody suggesting Wes Brown for left back - is he injured or not? Neither the bbc nor guardian sites have him down as injured..

It looks like both defences aren't at their best. Hopefully it turns into a bit of an end to end goal fest. If it does United will edge it imo. If it's more cautious than that then Spurs win.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

imo he hasnt justified his 30.75m transfer fee since joining in jan transfer window.

It wasn't the January transfer window he joined in but your right he hasn't lived up to the price tag at all. Not even close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

1-1!

Lovely draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

3-2 home win. Why are people putting up United's score first? This is at the lane.

Kold wrote: »
    3-2 home win. Why are people putting up United's score first? This is at the lane.

The convention is to put the winning score first.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Hey sports fans,

Popping in to show my support for a draw.

G'wan the draw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Pro. F wrote: »
    I don't see anybody suggesting Wes Brown for left back - is he injured or not? Neither the bbc nor guardian sites have him down as injured..

I'm assuming you mean right-back. AFAIK he's not injured, and he didn't exactly fill me with confidence in the centre against Arsenal either tbh.

I'd go for:

Foster
    --Brown----Vidic---Evans(?)----Evra
    ---Nani----Fletcher--Anderson---Park

Rooney---Berbatov

Is Evans fit? Rio is doubtful too right?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

I'm assuming you mean right-back. AFAIK he's not injured, and he didn't exactly fill me with confidence in the centre against Arsenal either tbh.

I'd go for:

Foster
    --Brown----Vidic---Evans(?)----Evra
    ---Nani----Fletcher--Anderson---Park

Rooney---Berbatov

Is Evans fit? Rio is doubtful too right?

Yeah meant right back. I'd agree he wasn't his best against arsenal, still i'd have him ahead of Neville like in your team. I'd go with the rest of that team as well.

Rio is a doubt according to the news sites and physioroom. No mention of Evens being unfit or doubtful according to those sources.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Is this on sky sports or just espn?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Kiith wrote: »
    Is this on sky sports or just espn?

just ESPN

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Foster
    JOS Rio Vida Evra
    Fletch Scholes Ando
    Giggs
    Rooney berba

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Fook sake. Surely we know now that no wingers doesn't work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Looks very narrow.

Off to the pub I go, lot of goals in the Prem today. 4-0 UTD please :pac:

CMON UTD!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

It's been an entertaining afternoon, hopefully this will entertain to. Come on Spurs :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Any streams lads, any decent sopcast channel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,462 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

shocking line up from Fergie - don't know what he is thinking. We need wingers, unbelievable.

I can see Ando being asked to play wide - and not doing a good job of it.

Very annoying.

Hopefully the players put out do put in the needed performance (especially Anderson) and we get the points, but i just can't understand what Fergie is thinking with that line up; I can only imagine Valencia is too tired after all the travel and that Nani isn't quite fit enough (heard he had not played in the game for Portugal midweek.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

That formation is going to get done by Aaron Lennon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,108 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

So much for an injured JOS, delighted i kept him in my FF just in case now. Cooome oooonn 0-0! (though if i lose my clean sheet bonus for evra and jos, they may as well concede a few!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Any help watching this game guys? No ESPN... Linkage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Any streams lads, any decent sopcast channel?

sop://broker.sopcast.com:3912/69850

If you havent watched on 'yes' channel before, there is no preamble and no halftime anal ysis. Hes playin some groovy tunes at the mo instead :D;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement