Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester United

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,462 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Really hope Rooney can keep close to this sort of form for the majority of the season.

Foster havin a good'n from what i have seen too - made a stunning save from Jenas earlier in the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Any streams still working?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

ntlbell wrote: »
    and we're on fire all ready!!!

imagine what it's going to be like by xmas\1
    I would imagine it's XX from 38 that matters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Sick third goal. To be fair, Utd reacted really well to the sending off and forced an incredible save from Cudicini soon after. They deserve the win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

What are the United fans singing, never heard it before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,462 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Xavi6 wrote: »

you used to be fun Xavi.... its a bit of a laugh based on United generally starting slowly and picking up in/around christmas.

Smile, your lads threw down a marker earlier...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

Really hope Rooney can keep close to this sort of form for the majority of the season.

Foster havin a good'n from what i have seen too - made a stunning save from Jenas earlier in the game.
    hes an excellent shot stopper imo but not the best decision maker yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Did any of ya's get money on United to win from behind at 9/1 mentioned earlier?

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Did any of ya's get money on United to win from behind at 9/1 mentioned earlier?

yes

no

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

10 men we've only got 10 men....

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

My stream keeps skipping ahead suddenly. Bloody annoying

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Giggs as well has been immense. Almost 36 ffs!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Any streams still working?

http://atdhe.net/9208/watch-tottenham-vs-manchester-united

I sort of wish it wasnt though. We paid 3 million too much by Kranjar by luck of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

I have a few bets all told, including that one, just had a feeling about today. Nothing major though, just a few quid.

Xavi6 wrote: »

i didn't say otherwise, just looking forward to xmas :D

and next week obviously, one game at a time :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

got them at 4.2 on betfair after Spurs scored didn't see any better odds

Giggs as well has been immense. Almost 36 ffs!!!

giggs always gets aload of assists in a season, thats why hes so realtively dear to ther players in FF!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

lol at carrick :D ( and spurs )

GIGGS MOTM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

well done Fletch another great game by ya

at least we showed how to beat spurs ;)

mink_man wrote: »
    giggs always gets aload of assists in a season, thats why hes so realtively dear to ther players in FF!

what?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Great win... Fletch was excellent...

Its hard to get a result at White Hart Lane... just ask Rafa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Chris Waddle:

"The referee has had a great game."

skjhfkshfskhgfksdhgksdhgdskhgkd

Media outlets, please stop hiring brain dead former players. They don't have a ****ing clue. Seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

curry-muff wrote: »
    To be honest i can just see us flexing our muscles and winning this one, spurs are undoubtedly on a great run of form but this is about the stage we really kick into gear and although our performance against Arsenal wasnt pretty, we won the game :p

Id say 3-1 United

Oh Snap :p

Fletcher easing the pain of no Hargreaves again. Very early, but our form player so far this season imo.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Great game, great result for United, shame about the Scholes red card (but at least Vidic wasn't sent off).

Now to go enjoy my Saturday night :)

rarnes1 wrote: »
    what?

other players...typo that was...and FF means fantasy football!

Fletcher easing the pain of no Hargreaves again. Very early, but our form player so far this season imo.
    Rooney?

fletcher totally owned that god like

ando on the score sheet

rooney 5 from 5

36yr old giggs banging them....

dominating with 10 men

where will the goals come from:confused::confused::confused:

Headshot wrote: »
    well done Fletch another great game by ya

at least we showed how to beat spurs ;)
    get the diggs in headshot.

At least we showed how to beat B..

Well done anyway, I was waiting on ye for a pool/chelsea/utd treble :)

City next week should be interesting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Fletch was immense today. Needs to work on the ol passing though.

Headshot never listen to me about bets again :)

Carrick was beyond useless when he came on.

• Advertisement

Clearly a better player than Carrick, fletcher has improved every season

the scholes red card was just karma from last season with the penalty situation! :rolleyes:

nuxxx wrote: »
    Clearly a better player than Carrick, fletcher has improved every season

remember the days when he was on the right wing? if his name wasnt fletcher and it was medard and he didnt play for scotland, and played for argentina then hed be worth 20 million!

Rooney?

I'd have him millimeters ahead based on the fact that he really hasn't had a bad game. Ok Rooney has been immense and couldn't do much about Burnley as there was a lack of supply.
    Maybe it's my fan-boyism for Fletch that has him just ahead and I wouldn't be shocked for people to say Rooney has been our best player...
    edit- could also be the fact that the expectations are higher for Rooney.

mink_man wrote: »
    remember the days when he was on the right wing? if his name wasnt fletcher and it was medard and he didnt play for scotland, and played for argentina then hed be worth 20 million!

what?

I'd have him millimeters ahead based on the fact that he really hasn't had a bad game. Ok Rooney has been immense and couldn't do much about Burnley as there was a lack of supply.
    Maybe it's my fan-boyism for Fletch that has him just ahead and I wouldn't be shocked for people to say Rooney has been our best player...

the simple fact is if it wasn't for fletch rooney wouldn't be getting to do what he's been doing

fletch has been outstanding definitley the best player so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Yep :)

KevIRL wrote: »
    Yep :)

ditto

;)

the simple fact is if it wasn't for fletch rooney wouldn't be getting to do what he's been doing

fletch has been outstanding definitley the best player so far.

Hey it's always nice to be able to argue over which of two United players has been the more immense :D

• Advertisement

nuxxx wrote: »
    what?

ya i didnt really need to quote ur post!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Totally delighted by that performance. Not even a terrible decision to put us down to 10 men stopped us in what was a really good performance.

Fletch again was awesome. He's everywhere, so important to us and he just sets the tempo for us.

Foster i think is growing in confidence. Said it a lot but he just needs games to build up confidence and feel like he can be a number 1.

We looked OK at the back. Rio's passing looked a little rusty. Nice to have him and Vidic together.

Someone posted some ****e earlier about Evra not coping with Lennon. Don't know where that came from because for a man with Lennon's confidence he was kept pretty quiet. Evra gave us great width going forward and always offers us an outlet there, always crucial when we are down to 10 too.

JOS was solid. Ando played quite well too, hope he can kick on and chip in with a few goals. Nice to see us sharing the goals again. We need the midfielders to help us out and today was a good sign that is possible.

Berba was quiet and had a few dodgy passes etc but I think he still needs some more game time.

Scholes was ok too as was Giggsy - quality free kick from him.

I thought Spurs were ****e to be honest. The home team lumping the ball up to Crouch, especially when they have a man advantage was horrible to see.

Great result for us. 4/5 wins is a great start for us considering we usually only get going around xmas. Tough tough place to go and delighted with how we went about it today.

And lol at some of the ****e, especially some of the bitter crap, posted during this thread.

lennon did nothing

lennon did nothing

in evra's back pocket

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Very impressed with todays performance, Bebatov Rooney Vidic Fletcher and Giggs all played exceptionally well. Foster was solid, he's begining to look like a realistic challenger with a fit VDS.

United are two thirds way through a tough run of games Arsenal, Tottenham City and have maximun points . the toughest is to come next weekend against City after a tough European game mid week and a lot of travelling. If they win that one I think they will have a very good season ahead of them.

Rooney for me has been United most important player for the last few seasons and he looks to be revelling in his football even more this year.

The Muppet wrote: »
    Very impressed with todays performance, Bebatov Rooney Vidic Fletcher and Giggs all played exceptionally well. Foster was solid, he's begining to look like a realistic challenger with a fit VDS.

Berba? really? I thought he was pretty average today.

• Advertisement

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    Berba? really? I thought he was pretty average today.
    :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Thought he was particularly good first half.

I see Giggs only merited an Ok with you, He was a lot better than just ok to me.

I agree with you about crouch, he's very poor in the air considering he such a height advantage over most defenders. I think harry got his tactics wrong today. too many high balls, vidic had a field day. Maybe the tactics was forced on them due to injuries but i think they are stronger playing it on the with pace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Berba was very good today I thought.

He gave us that bit of class/authority going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Today is day 1 of Andersons rehabilitation in my eyes. He has a long way to go before he is assured of a spot. When he plays like he did today he adds a lot to the team.

Nice to see that Rooney is the live goal threat people felt Utd lacked.

Some lovely touches from Evra when the ball was at his feet today.

Suprised spurs played such an open game today. It was the first time this season that I thought Utd had a really good midfield performance. Some of this is Harrys fault imo. Only some mind...

Plenty of arms flapping from robbie today.

roll on the derby.

The Muppet wrote: »
    Thought he was particularly good first half.

I see Giggs only merited an Ok with you, He was a lot better than just ok to me.

I agree with you about crouch, he's very poor in the air considering he such a height advantage over most defenders. I think harry got his tactics wrong today. too many hig balls, vidic had a field day. Maybe the tactics was forced on them due to injuries but i think they are stronger playing it on the with pace.

Actually I will revise my comments on Giggsy, he had some great touches and when we were a man down he was a real controlling influence, calmed us down a lot after fletch won us the ball back :pac:

I dont think crouch is poor in the air, but i agree the tactics to pump balls up to him was wrong. They had an extra man and instead of working us around the pitch and stretching us they just went long. It was awful from them. We looked far more dangerous with a man less and played the better football.

Best team won.

• Advertisement
Advertisement