Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade in Dublin

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Like I said: see this feedback?
    You listen to the players, you find out WHAT they want to play.
    You get those machines in.
    You hold Happy Hour, you keep the price low at all times anyway.
    Etc.

And most importantly: advertise that you exist!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Relikk

Forgot to add SSF2T to the list, although as said above I'd mostly be on 3rd Strike if anywhere had it. Just thought I'd mention it, anyway. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Icarian

doesn't the fact that we would actually love an arcade, but still think it won't work, speak volumes?

Icarian wrote: »
    doesn't the fact that we would actually love an arcade, but still think it won't work, speak volumes?
    It seems to be the Irish thing-to-do.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 smdylan

as a person who is in town quite often, usually wandering around aimlessly it would be nice to have a place to and enjoy myself with some friends besides the pubs :)
    i wouldnt even consider going to quirkeys, not because of the the unsavoury customers just the lack of good machines.

dublin needs a place like this in my opinion as walking through town is really ****ty, but on the flip side i wouldnt want to see someone out of pocket for my benefit if you get my meaning, thats my two cents,

to make a long post short.... yes i'd go at least 3 times a week as long as the prices are decent and the atmosphere welcoming :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Reanimemmett

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    It seems to be the Irish thing-to-do.

Thanks for saying this, I was hoping someone else would say it before I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Reanimemmett its risky as hell but feck it man you wanna go for it, go for it, you will have players there but how many and if it'll earn enough to keep the place running is the big question.

Having the place also double as a internet centre or PC gaming or whatever might also help as I said, but at the end of day the choice is yours.

Its an interesting point brought up I must say in regards to somewhere to hang out in town thats not a pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Reanimemmett, if you do it, I can promise I'll support it and be there at least the first few months of Saturdays. I'll also spread the word around with the gamers I know.

I'd love to see it work, but as you know, and Kiki already mentioned it, we are a country of pessimists. What do you expect from a country that's been ridden by Europe in our History more times than the local whoer :pac:

That being said, if you build it, we will come ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

It's nothing to do with pessimism, or Irish self loathing, I couldnt give a **** for those things.
    It's realism, pragmatism and due the vagueness of your post.

If you don't provide more than fighting games, you havent a hope.
    There a more vs players in Ireland than post here, of that I'm sure, but this is the only "community" of them that certainly i know of.
    If you think That the members here could sustain you, you'd have to be out of your mind.
    Relying on people traveling from clare?

If you are planning this as a part of something else, then you've got a chance.
    Or if your a millionaire just financing a dream and have no worries about rent etc

I'm sure Xgc's bread and butter is foreigners emailing mammy back in Buenos Aires.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,924 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

You don't have to fork out thousands on every machine...a few generic JAMMA cabs with NeoGeo multi slots with the likes of Metal Slug, Samurai Showdown and Puzzle Bobble would also go down a treat.

Also candies, please get lots and lots of candies :) With even a couple set up to support vertical shooters.

/Wakes up from dream.

God damn! :mad:

• Advertisement

Man, I really should find myself a Candy cab...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Just thinking, if the arcade in question wants to make an income, you all reccomended GAMBLING machines? Well i agree, but to keep the scumbags out of our fighting games section, why not break up the arcade into 2 or 3 rooms? Like quirkeys (KINDA) does? Gambling machines up front/in a separate section, & games at the back type layout? That way the fighters have a place to go in peace, scumbag free, & the scumbags don't have to take abuse off us for ruining our games? lol

Xinkai wrote: »
    Just thinking, if the arcade in question wants to make an income, you all reccomended GAMBLING machines? Well i agree, but to keep the scumbags out of our fighting games section, why not break up the arcade into 2 or 3 rooms? Like quirkeys (KINDA) does? Gambling machines up front/in a separate section, & games at the back type layout? That way the fighters have a place to go in peace, scumbag free, & the scumbags don't have to take abuse off us for ruining our games? lol
    Gambling machines would be the beginning of the end. As examples, I forward Quirkey's and that tiny ex-arcade by the donut shop, bottom of O'Connell. FFS they used to have VF4 Lindbergh cabinets! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Gambling machines would be the beginning of the end. As examples, I forward Quirkey's and that tiny ex-arcade by the donut shop, bottom of O'Connell. FFS they used to have VF4 Lindbergh cabinets! :(

Thats why i said break them up into 2 parts. It works in DRQ's, Scumbags & aulwans stay in 1 section & don't step near the games!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

You could even go so far as to set up a members only area!!

Advertisement