Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youtube video I Love Limerick what ye think?

Options
  • 11-09-2009 8:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭

Found this video on youtube of a crowd called i love limerick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-0GmzmvrlU

What ye think of it?Good idea for a positive group but it just seemed so false and its all the trendy crowd.Hopfully they will make some real life limerick videos

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Agreed...basically it's some twat jumping on the bandwagon I love Limerick when it's really "I need to highlight my business".

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

yep more self promotion than any promotion of Limerick.

Just imagine being in a lift with that Ritchie guy and the lift breaks down and you get stuck with him. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Found this video on youtube of a crowd called i love limerick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-0GmzmvrlU

What ye think of it?Good idea for a positive group but it just seemed so false and its all the trendy crowd.Hopfully they will make some real life limerick videos

Your original post didnt say that? did it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

Kess73 wrote: »
    Just imagine being in a lift with that Ritchie guy and the lift breaks down and you get stuck with him. :eek:

With any luck I would be carrying my trusty samurai sword on my back. Hari Kari would be preferable to listening to the gob****e running his mouth off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

Sorry I can't even watch it. I know its only eight minutes long but really, can't ye just tell me what they say. It makes me feel nauseous. Heehee the lady said a bad word.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

It lost its credibility 24 seconds in after the mention of media talking about limerick. If I hear about limericks bad press again im gonna scream. Why should we care tbh?
    The videos a small bit incrowdy for me personally but fair play to them for getting off their arses and doing it cause no one else bothers.

Personally Id prefer see a genuine channel that showed limerick with all types of scenes and qualities.

I.e. something along the lines of channel south only on a more local and probably unprofessional scale maybe. i.e. have different 'scenes' or 'communities' contributing their own videos. Like the band scene, the clubbing scene, the fashion scene, the sports scene, arts , college, etc
    No point in having an over self indulgent video full of cool people that fails to actually show Limericks qualities.
    a prime example being this im from limerick video...cringe
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zydBf1kmxRI&feature=fvw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

jackncoke wrote: »

Well, it would say that the OP edited his/her post if he/she had.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

kyp_durron wrote: »
    Well, it would say that the OP edited his/her post if he/she had.

Not neccessarily.

Edit: See!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

jackncoke wrote: »
    whats wrong with editing a post anyway? I always do it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    Not neccessarily.

Edit: See!

Nothing but respect!

Edit: your vBulletin skillz trump mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

i didnt edit it??!i dont know maybe im a bad person but i didnt like that video at all,its the same people in the free papers every week lol.that mchelle mcmahon was all proud to be a clare woman from lissycasey the last time i was forced to listen to spin south west yuck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 michelle mc m

Seriously irishvamp90, what the hell is your problem with me? As far as I'm aware I've never done anything to offend or upset you, but there's more than one thread here where you've taken it upon yourself to bad mouth me.

For your information yes I am from Clare, and very proud of it. I have lived in Limerick for eight years and happen to consider it a second home, is that what offends you so deeply? I never claimed to be FROM Limerick, does that mean I shouldn't take part in an initiative to attract some positive publicity? You may not like the group either, in that case get off your ass and do something yourself, and stop spending your time putting other people down.

It's not something that is going to change the world, but it is something. Everyone involved gave, and continues to give, their time and effort with the best of intentions, and when people like you turn around with nothing but poison to spit out you would wonder why anyone bothers.

No doubt if these were friends of yours, it would be wonderful. Instead you have issues with seeing the same faces you see in the local papers every week, as referenced in another post where as I recall you called me a 'bimbo wannabe social climber kissing hole'. The intellect required to conjuring up such catchy little lines could be better applied to making someone else's life a little better, instead of trying to drag everyone else down to your apparent level of misery.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Have actually met a number of those involved in the "I Love Limerick" project and they seem like genuine people. the problem with some people is they would rather see crap quality youtube videos of burning cars in O'Malley park.

If you don't like it - don't watch it.

I still think the Georgian House could do with some new wallpaper though :D

Seeing as it is ok to raise zombie thread now:rolleyes:

Is that I love Limerick thing still going or is it just the odd video every month or so in the blog?

Billy - agreed! ;) The piano is great though, my version of chopsticks went down a treat...

Kess73 - apologies if commenting on such an old post isn't the done thing, I only just joined so I didn't know! The work on the site is still ongoing, but it's all behind the scenes stuff at the moment, both producers are taking relevant courses to make sure the output is as high quality as it can be within the constraints of budgets etc (i.e. - no budget), and obviously the filming itself is one task while editors and the likes giving their time for post-production work presents another challenge. A new video has been posted I think today, and they will become more regular in the near future.

Billy - agreed! ;) The piano is great though, my version of chopsticks went down a treat...

Kess73 - apologies if commenting on such an old post isn't the done thing, I only just joined so I didn't know! The work on the site is still ongoing, but it's all behind the scenes stuff at the moment, both producers are taking relevant courses to make sure the output is as high quality as it can be within the constraints of budgets etc (i.e. - no budget), and obviously the filming itself is one task while editors and the likes giving their time for post-production work presents another challenge. A new video has been posted I think today, and they will become more regular in the near future.

I have to be honest in that I have found some of the earlier stuff to be cheese laden and a few of the people involved just come across as being a bit insincere, but that could be simply a case of the format not suiting some personalities.

I think that things that could be quantified would make for better videos at times though. Sort of a before and after type thing. Maybe showing something that is a negative, and following work being done to improve it. Then having the video show the work done and contrast the starting point and finishing point.

Positive stuff is all well and good, but all light with no shade tends to lose effect quickly and can be as bad as all negative. Non stop happy stuff without any contrast can become deadly dull, and I am sure that is not what you guys are after.

Maybe a series of videos on people whose work deserves highlighting and who are making differences. Personally speaking I would love to see the likes of the Animal Welfare centre get a spotlight put on what they do. It would show the amazing work that they do, and would also highlight the horrific stuff that happens to animals. The happy endings would be those animals being looked after/finding new loving homes.

You guys would get good videos from it, and the people you highlight may reach a new audience and get extra donations from it. Everyone wins.

Another one would be some of the boxing clubs in town, and the great work some of the guys in them do in keeping kids on the straight and narrow, and I know Andy Lee would have no problem getting involved in something like that if it was timed to when he was back in Castleconnel if it highlighted St Francis ABC.

I have to be honest in that I have found some of the earlier stuff to be cheese laden and a few of the people involved just come across as being a bit insincere, but that could be simply a case of the format not suiting some personalities.

I think that things that could be quantified would make for better videos at times though. Sort of a before and after type thing. Maybe showing something that is a negative, and following work being done to improve it. Then having the video show the work done and contrast the starting point and finishing point.

Positive stuff is all well and good, but all light with no shade tends to lose effect quickly and can be as bad as all negative. Non stop happy stuff without any contrast can become deadly dull, and I am sure that is not what you guys are after.

Maybe a series of videos on people whose work deserves highlighting and who are making differences. Personally speaking I would love to see the likes of the Animal Welfare centre get a spotlight put on what they do. It would show the amazing work that they do, and would also highlight the horrific stuff that happens to animals. The happy endings would be those animals being looked after/finding new loving homes.

You guys would get good videos from it, and the people you highlight may reach a new audience and get extra donations from it. Everyone wins.

Another one would be some of the boxing clubs in town, and the great work some of the guys in them do in keeping kids on the straight and narrow, and I know Andy Lee would have no problem getting involved in something like that if it was timed to when he was back in Castleconnel if it highlighted St Francis ABC.

Very valid points, and I would agree to an extent. I know at the outset the decision was made to focus on only positive - just as an initial movement of unwavering positivity. There certainly are plans to look at groups who are improving the city, and to do so would mean naturally looking at the reasons why those groups exist, so the issues will certainly have to be acknowledged in that sense. As much as we would love to do tracking stories, until there is some sort of funding that is really tough - you can imagine how difficult it is to get a producer, director, camera man, sound person etc. to be available free of charge around their normal working hours for even one day, not to mind several, but certainly a days filming in areas like those you've suggested would be a possibility, and personally I really like the idea of meeting the boxing clubs - if that one shows up I'll add your name to the credits! ;)

As regards the personality of the presenters on screen, again it is something new for all of us and all we can do is try our best. :o I have no doubt but that when everyone has more experience and has learned some tricks of the trade we will feel a little cringey looking back at ourselves, but if we waited until we thought we were great we'd never start. We'll learn as we go and hopefully become better at what we're doing. If not at least we can always say we gave it a go.

It's amazing the different way in which people can communicate with you, something constructive can actually be so welcome, so cheers for the input!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭LIS

michelle mc m.i think what you are trying to do is great and like you i am from clare but on the field of play a self confessed limerick man.i love limerick city and county and i believe it is up there with some of the best citys i have seen.
    its no secret that the city has its problems.....so has every city.the media paint a dull picture of limerick(they feel it takes the weight off dublin imo).but keep the head up and keep doing what you are doing.
    limerick is a great place and its time the rest of the country gave it its dues.

limerick your a lady............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 purplepeach

First off... is there any chance of IrishVamp replying to this??

Secondly... we all vent on here!!! or on facebook or twitter or wherever will listen to our rant, some people jsut have the poison setting in !!! Its obvious there is a lot of negativity around the source of this post!.

Sit back and think about it for a minute, would you be able to put your head on the chopping block... offering yourself to the public which is potentially a mutibillion viewer community that is youtube, the amount of commitment and work that goes into this is enormous. would you be able to make a business planooutlining your ambitions for this... would you like michelle mc m said be able to find a sound guy camera man engineer presenter to come together on your time for free to do this out of their own heart?

Vamp i can completely see where you are coming from with your 'trendy crowd' comment i was there! i was an outkast to my peers when i was younger and resented the 'trendy crowd' a bit of maturity sorted that for me....not advice! jsut my story and to be fair there are a few people in that for the tag of trendy crowd but you get this is every walk of life... from the small office to the factory floor and especially in the tv business.

I have watched form afar the 'ilovelimerick' developments and structures and although there are a few kinks in the armor the people there work there little butts off! this is about promoting limerick and with the odd selfish remark which is unnoticed...(i have alot of time on my hands to watch these lol) there are doing an amazing job.

limerick is an amazing city and is very much ready to be recognized for this, there are so many venues and 'scenes' out there. Skater rock punk indie jock rugby fetish emo gay student.

This si a huge spectrum to cover and they have just started, there coverage of the pride parade last yr was brilliant, my only criticism is that richie guy could do with a bit of humility or come back to our level and speak to us form our level, but he is funny and endearing!

There other stuff is fantastic and as for michelle mc m.... 1 veery short question ...how the hell do you do it, Im out alot on the social scene and have seen the work you put in.. the work you do for the different groups and charities in limerick is great, a true rising star that is so natural is very refreshing. Alot of people would love to be in your position...myself included lol!! and sometimes this can be transformed into bitterness and jealousy which ends in venting.. all i can say is chin up and let the negativity contribute to your positivity...let it drive your success...best of luck in the meteors!

Its hard to be positive in these times but i love limerick is a new opportunity for us to change stab city to fab city...oh god i just actually said that didnt i lol!!!!

We all give out about these things when they are actually helping us... there are plenty of ways to get involved and if you feel they are doing it right...step up to the plate... i love limerick put out a request last year for people to help...to bring different opinions to the table... and im sure there are more vids coming so whos to say you cant influence this? Irishvamp?

• Advertisement

First off... is there any chance of IrishVamp replying to this?? Secondly... we all vent on here!!! or on facebook or twitter or wherever will listen to our rant, some people jsut have the poison setting in !!! Its obvious there is a lot of negativity around the source of this post!.

Sit back and think about it for a minute, would you be able to put your head on the chopping block... offering yourself to the public which is potentially a mutibillion viewer community that is youtube, the amount of commitment and work that goes into this is enormous. would you be able to make a business planooutlining your ambitions for this... would you like michelle mc m said be able to find a sound guy camera man engineer presenter to come together on your time for free to do this out of their own heart?

Vamp i can completely see where you are coming from with your 'trendy crowd' comment i was there! i was an outkast to my peers when i was younger and resented the 'trendy crowd' a bit of maturity sorted that for me....not advice! jsut my story and to be fair there are a few people in that for the tag of trendy crowd but you get this is every walk of life... from the small office to the factory floor and especially in the tv business.

I have watched form afar the 'ilovelimerick' developments and structures and although there are a few kinks in the armor the people there work there little butts off! this is about promoting limerick and with the odd selfish remark which is unnoticed...(i have alot of time on my hands to watch these lol) there are doing an amazing job.

limerick is an amazing city and is very much ready to be recognized for this, there are so many venues and 'scenes' out there. Skater rock punk indie jock rugby fetish emo gay student.

This si a huge spectrum to cover and they have just started, there coverage of the pride parade last yr was brilliant, my only criticism is that richie guy could do with a bit of humility or come back to our level and speak to us form our level, but he is funny and endearing!

There other stuff is fantastic and as for michelle mc m.... 1 veery short question ...how the hell do you do it, Im out alot on the social scene and have seen the work you put in.. the work you do for the different groups and charities in limerick is great, a true rising star that is so natural is very refreshing. Alot of people would love to be in your position...myself included lol!! and sometimes this can be transformed into bitterness and jealousy which ends in venting.. all i can say is chin up and let the negativity contribute to your positivity...let it drive your success...best of luck in the meteors!

Its hard to be positive in these times but i love limerick is a new opportunity for us to change stab city to fab city...oh god i just actually said that didnt i lol!!!!

We all give out about these things when they are actually helping us... there are plenty of ways to get involved and if you feel they are doing it right...step up to the plate... i love limerick put out a request last year for people to help...to bring different opinions to the table... and im sure there are more vids coming so whos to say you cant influence this? Irishvamp?

Why should Irish Vamp reply? The other zombie thread that was brought back seemed to turn into a few people attacking her, and without any mod action, yet mods can and do give warnings and bannings for far less to regulars here.

Fair enough Michelle had a pop back at Vamp over comments made, but if any of us regular posters had brought back a zombie thread, let alone two of them, or made a direct insult towards another poster, then we would receive a ban from this forum.

The forum charter is very clear on that, or at least it used to be. But seeing as the mod who posted that charter was the first person to post on the first zombie thread after it came back it clearly showed that the charter rules only apply to some here and then the second thread popped up after being inactive for months and there was nothing done.

Now I have no problem with Michelle as I have no idea who she is other than a name on this forum and that she has something to do with the I Love Limerick blog thing, but it is not right if charter rules that would get regular posters banned can be ignored when it suits.

The charter either applies to all of us who use this forum, or it has to be changed straight away.

Why should Irish Vamp reply? The other zombie thread that was brought back seemed to turn into a few people attacking her, and without any mod action, yet mods can and do give warnings and bannings for far less to regulars here.

Fair enough Michelle had a pop back at Vamp over comments made, but if any of us regular posters had brought back a zombie thread, let alone two of them, or made a direct insult towards another poster, then we would receive a ban from this forum.

The forum charter is very clear on that, or at least it used to be. But seeing as the mod who posted that charter was the first person to post on the first zombie thread after it came back it clearly showed that the charter rules only apply to some here and then the second thread popped up after being inactive for months and there was nothing done.

Now I have no problem with Michelle as I have no idea who she is other than a name on this forum and that she has something to do with the I Love Limerick blog thing, but it is not right if charter rules that would get regular posters banned can be ignored when it suits.

The charter either applies to all of us who use this forum, or it has to be changed straight away.

Sorry i was not looking to have a pop at her... boards.ie are our opinions... im not looking to start an argument...just wondering if she wants to comment...

As for zombie threads and the like...just because there old does not mean they are irrelevent... doesnt matter if the are ressurected or long buried...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Who are you Purple Peach? New poster, involved in ILL?
    Everyone be nice to Michelle, she's sound :p Its that richie guy grates :p

zuroph wrote: »
    Who are you Purple Peach? New poster, involved in ILL?
    Everyone be nice to Michelle, she's sound :p Its that richie guy grates :p

lol ive been on baords.ie ages jsut reading ...not commenting long!! not long being ...today lol...

Not involved in ilovelimerick...... a friend of mine did a little work with em and ive heard some things that arent worth sharing..... but for the bigger picture ....im for them...

as for that richie guy... as i said... a small bit of humility goes a loooong way

Sorry i was not looking to have a pop at her... boards.ie are our opinions... im not looking to start an argument...just wondering if she wants to comment...

As for zombie threads and the like...just because there old does not mean they are irrelevent... doesnt matter if the are ressurected or long buried...

The charter would disagree with you in that it does matter if they were long buried. Plenty of threads were brought back in the past and did not last long with warnings or bans given out when they were brought back.

My point is that the charter rules either apply to us all as posters or that rule needs to be changed.

I'm not having a dig at you or the poster that brought back the threads, as you two are new members, and you would not know the rules that the rest of us have had to mostly adhere to.

I still don't see why Vamp should have to make a reply. In the other zombie thread there were posters calling her a gob****e and full of hot air. But modding standards must have changed in terms of what is an insult because in the boundary issue thread I received an infraction for my post with the Tom Cruise comment as that was deemed an offensive insult, but calling a person a gob****e is not an insult.

All I see happening if Vamp does reply is people jumping in and trying to troll, so you probably just want to get her opinion but others would have less honourable reasons.

I'm not always a fan of what Vamp says on here, but sometimes she does get the short end of the stick.

The charter would disagree with you in that it does matter if they were long buried. Plenty of threads were brought back in the past and did not last long with warnings or bans given out when they were brought back.

My point is that the charter rules either apply to us all as posters or that rule needs to be changed.

I'm not having a dig at you or the poster that brought back the threads, as you two are new members, and you would not know the rules that the rest of us have had to mostly adhere to.

I still don't see why Vamp should have to make a reply. In the other zombie thread there were posters calling her a gob****e and full of hot air. But modding standards must have changed in terms of what is an insult because in the boundary issue thread I received an infraction for my post with the Tom Cruise comment as that was deemed an offensive insult, but calling a person a gob****e is not an insult.

All I see happening if Vamp does reply is people jumping in and trying to troll, so you probably just want to get her opinion but others would have less honourable reasons.

I'm not always a fan of what Vamp says on here, but sometimes she does get the short end of the stick.

Completely understandable... others will have less honorable responses...but... are they not entitled to these considering she put this out there in the first place... in reality if she chose not to start slagging this off we would not be having this conversation...

as for the rules i have to admit.....terms and conditions are not my friend lol...but im sure they are respectful of peoples opinion... and just like vamps opinion we are all entitled to ours... the option is there for her reply...she does not have to... free will is a great thing.... she left her opinion out there and expected no reply ... i simply invited her to comment.

But this is completely off topic of the thread.. and detracting from the real topic.... i love limerick

and just quickly on the topic....zombie thread ...there are loads ressurected... the paranormal section of this site has one that is constantly coming up

Completely understandable... others will have less honorable responses...but... are they not entitled to these considering she put this out there in the first place... in reality if she chose not to start slagging this off we would not be having this conversation...

as for the rules i have to admit.....terms and conditions are not my friend lol...but im sure they are respectful of peoples opinion... and just like vamps opinion we are all entitled to ours... the option is there for her reply...she does not have to... free will is a great thing.... she left her opinion out there and expected no reply ... i simply invited her to comment.

But this is completely off topic of the thread.. and detracting from the real topic.... i love limerick

and just quickly on the topic....zombie thread ...there are loads ressurected... the paranormal section of this site has one that is constantly coming up

I am not saying that people are or are not entitled to their opinion. I am simply saying that the rules that have been enforced in the past and that long time users of the forum are expected to follow, should either be enforced equally for all, or changed to allow the same freedom of comment for all within the forum.

I'm actually a fan of zombie threads, some great ones pop up in the rock/metal, Film, and Palaeonthology forums, and normally are a source of good banter and debate.

And of course we get a fair few in the Zombie forum too. :D But there is a different charter for most forums, with slightly different rules, and my bugbear is that if I and others here are expected to follow set charter rules for this Limerick City forum, then those rules cannot be listed as still being in place and then ignored when it suits.

Personally speaking I think the zombie thread rule here should be more flexible, but that can only come about through the charter, otherwise we are going to continue along with some regulars getting banned/infracted for things and other people posting the same level of content and having nothing happen.

Personally speaking I think the zombie thread rule here should be more flexible, but that can only come about through the charter, otherwise we are going to continue along with some regulars getting banned/infracted for things and other people posting the same level of content and having nothing happen.

That is a bit crap alright!!... but i suppose such a large site its hard to monitor every forum

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

I am not saying that people are or are not entitled to their opinion. I am simply saying that the rules that have been enforced in the past and that long time users of the forum are expected to follow, should either be enforced equally for all, or changed to allow the same freedom of comment for all within the forum.

I'm actually a fan of zombie threads, some great ones pop up in the rock/metal, Film, and Palaeonthology forums, and normally are a source of good banter and debate.

And of course we get a fair few in the Zombie forum too. :D But there is a different charter for most forums, with slightly different rules, and my bugbear is that if I and others here are expected to follow set charter rules for this Limerick City forum, then those rules cannot be listed as still being in place and then ignored when it suits.

Most forums on boards.ie do not allow gravedigging (dragging up old threads) and this rule has been in place on this forum since it was created. and personally, I have no inclination to change that.

Furthermore, if you wish to discuss moderating policy, you can either take it up in PM with the moderators, or make your suggestions about future moderating policy in feedback.

Now if we could get this thread back on topic please ... or I WILL lock it.

• Advertisement

could not agree more...sorry for the sidetracking.

Advertisement