Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youtube video I Love Limerick what ye think?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Billy - agreed! ;) The piano is great though, my version of chopsticks went down a treat...

Kess73 - apologies if commenting on such an old post isn't the done thing, I only just joined so I didn't know!

I find the Limerick Forum a little too quiet at times - Better off to have some lively discourse than no drama at all :D

Fair play to ya for coming on here and squaring up to our Local Bruiser Vampy - Any Girl that comes on here trading insults with our top Insult Princess is a proper Limerick Lady in my eyes......!!!

- slightly off-topic, but when you left your first home is there any chance you brought the Plastic Horse of Lissycasey with you?????

P.S. Vampy isn't so bad - at least she contributes "stuff" and sparks debate!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 michelle mc m

Raiser - the poor horsey remains headless and I am clueless as to its whereabouts. Hopefully its spirit lives on in a lovely meadow somewhere...

Vamp may not be so bad, and as someone who logged on here for the first time yesterday who am I to know, but I took issue with some very personal attacks. People can make whatever points they like and others agree or disagree, that's fair enough. But when a post is nothing but a litany of abuse surely it serves no purpose whatsoever, that was the only point I was making. See the other, now locked, thread for a prime example.

As for the problem of these 'same old faces' she brings up, the reality is that the vast majority of the time you see these people in the papers they are supporting a business initiative in Limerick or taking part in charity fundraising. Recently I have participated in, and in some cases been pictured at, fundraisers for Breast Cancer Research, Special Olympics and the Limerick Youth Service. If I get a call from any of those people asking can you judge/present/attend this event for us, my first thought is not will Vamp et al be annoyed if I am in the paper again this week. If I have the time to do it, I will, and if you have a problem with that... tough.

Reading over the other posts, thanks to several people who have said some nice words, and those who have contributed points that could be taken on board in the future by the I love Limerick group. Suggestions, genuine ones anyway, are welcome, and anyone who thinks they can lend a hand is even more welcome. I for one would only be delighted to see more people step up.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Most forums on boards.ie do not allow gravedigging (dragging up old threads) and this rule has been in place on this forum since it was created. and personally, I have no inclination to change that.

Furthermore, if you wish to discuss moderating policy, you can either take it up in PM with the moderators, or make your suggestions about future moderating policy in feedback.

Now if we could get this thread back on topic please ... or I WILL lock it.

No problem, it is your choice as the mod whether to enforce the rules or ignore them. Just gets confusing when the set rules seem to change depending on the mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Raiser - the poor horsey remains headless and I am clueless as to its whereabouts. Hopefully its spirit lives on in a lovely meadow somewhere...

Vamp may not be so bad, and as someone who logged on here for the first time yesterday who am I to know, but I took issue with some very personal attacks. People can make whatever points they like and others agree or disagree, that's fair enough. But when a post is nothing but a litany of abuse surely it serves no purpose whatsoever, that was the only point I was making. See the other, now locked, thread for a prime example.

I think sometimes Folks forget that Media Personalities are People too - I wouldn't take any criticism to heart; Do stuff for your own reasons and if it so happens that you do these things in Ireland you'll attract an Audience of bitter, muttering Begrudgers regardless.......

Welcome to Boards.ie ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Raiser wrote: »
    I think sometimes Folks forget that Media Personalities are People too - I wouldn't take any criticism to heart; Do stuff for your own reasons and if it so happens that you do these things in Ireland you'll attract an Audience of bitter, muttering Begrudgers regardless.......

Welcome to Boards.ie ;)

Nice location. :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement