Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

o2 Bill Pay SIM cards into a US bought phone?

• 11-09-2009 8:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi, I am a Meteor bill pay customer & was just wondering if its possible to put my SIM into another phone (one I'm buying from a US website) & work away as normal.
    Any help appreciated.

Edited to say that the phone I'm buying is new, SIM free & unlocked - if that makes any difference.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Make sure the phone is GSM, not CDMA, other than that, you should have no problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Even if it is GSM, you may still run into problems. US GSM uses different frequency bands (850MHz and 1900MHz) to what is used here in Europe (900MHz and 1800MHz). The handset needs to ideally support BOTH 900Mhz and 1800MHz in order to fully function on networks here (they're usually marketed as "quad-band" phones).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

yea but the sim card might be a bit wobbly in the holder because they use inches instead of millimeters over there for measuring sim cards.

nh only messing. make sure it has 900mhz band though, 1800mhz will give you terrible coverage over here. i seen 1800mhz cells in cork but i dont think there's any where i live

Advertisement