Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

App store postcode problem

• 11-09-2009 9:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭

Hey,

just got a new touch and trying to use the app store for first time with it but it keeps telling me I have an invalid postcode. I entered 009900 before and it worked for Itunes but not the app store. I tried some variations of that also with letters. I selected ireland as the store. anyone know how to solve this? Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Trying to remember, is it not "none"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

Just put a zero and that will work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Leave it blank or put in 00000

You could look up a post code on : http://www.irishpostcodes.ie/ ... there's an unofficial system which works with various SATNAV devices etc, but it's actually understood by some courier companies!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

cool, thanks lads. Sorry about the late reply. Tried blank and 0 etc but did not work - was in the states at the time. When I came home it was looking for nothing or D1 etc as a postcode. Must be a bug in their validation.

Anyway all sorted now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 biggen

hi
    had the same problem and I put in 0 and low and behold it worked

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

This thread is 2 1/2 years old???:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭shamcfc

Bit of a bump for this

A friend rang last night, with this problem and tried everything but no luck, for the last few months he was using 061 which is what I use but that won't work for him now

Any ideas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

It shouldn't be asking for postcodes as we don't have any!

That's surprisingly poor localisation by Apple!

Also Dublin or Cork (rarely used) postal district numbers are NOT postcodes they are just part of the address.

Gathering invalid information is a bit stupid as it will just be confusing when / if postcodes are introduced!

Solair wrote: »
    It shouldn't be asking for postcodes as we don't have any!

That's surprisingly poor localisation by Apple!

Also Dublin or Cork (rarely used) postal district numbers are NOT postcodes they are just part of the address.

Gathering invalid information is a bit stupid as it will just be confusing when / if postcodes are introduced!

it normally tells you to put 0000 or None in the postcode box.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 dekeed

Thank you. I tried zero too thanks to you... And it worked!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Madden171

Hi trying to set up iTunes tried every code I can find on put nothing
    Any help plz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Madden171 wrote: »
    Hi trying to set up iTunes tried every code I can find on put nothing
    Any help plz
    4 zeros should work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

can't get anything to work on this: none, 00,0000, ireland, a random postcode for hartlepool police station, apple really need to update their settings for ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭wild turkey

Ive just had this problem; just enter 1

Advertisement