Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elective question

Options
  • 11-09-2009 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭

Didnt pass 1st year and now I'm in semester X :(

Doing one repeat and 2 resists so i picked 2 electives for this semester to keep me occupied/interested. Not sure whether i should assign them to stage 1 or stage 2 or what the implications are.

Any help greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭taz70

If you passed the electives for Stage 1, then you definitely assign these to Stage 2. This means that when you start Stage 2, you already have the electives covered. Don't assign them to Stage 1, cause if you already have two electives, you don't need any more.

I don't think this Stage X thing is real - I was told that if you don't have at least 50 credits for a stage (say Stage 1), that you just stay in that stage until you fix all the failed subjects. So after this semester if you pass everything, you should go into Stage 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭triseke

a friend of mine was in semester x in first year. Cant give you much advice other than, if its in an arts course, you may be in for a right headache!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Sachor

You know that you can take some of your stage 2 modules in semester 1 even if you are a stage 1 repeat. Then when you officially enter stage 2 in semester 2 you'll have a lessened workload. Go to the arts programme office for advice & they may also be able to register you to more modules

Advertisement