Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Odd interference coming through from controller.

• 11-09-2009 10:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭

:confused:

Gear: Hercules RMX controller, M-Audio active monitors, Nondescript Dell desktop PC with 2.8 Pentium (afair) and at least 2gb of RAM and 320gb SATA hard drive.

While recording a mix the other week I noticed some interference, like a low frequency rubbing/rumbling noise coming through the headphones and speakers. When I played the mix back, sure enough it was recorded too.

The noise coincides with movement of the EQs, jog wheels and faders of the RMX, which is what's confusing me. Surely these various pots and encoders are only sending MIDI info to the PC, not actually carrying the audio signal that they are interfering with?

Over the next few days I'll try it out with my new laptop but in the meantime, if anyone can shed any light I'd appreciate it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 332 ✭✭xdeletiax

what program are you using? is it a sorta fuzzy sound when you adjust eq, move knobs etc? i think you have to change settings in your config menu (about buffering, and making the program run faster).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Oops!

It's virtual DJ. I'll have a play with a few options in there and see if it makes any difference. I suppose it makes sense that it would be software related, seeing as that's what brings the MIDI and audio signals together.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 332 ✭✭xdeletiax

in config menu, under performances tab make sure safe mode is on and have the presets thing over to the left

Advertisement