Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

no stalking for me this year

Options
  • 11-09-2009 10:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭

so i handed in my 6.5 to get a 243 been waiting 2 months to just order the rifle to find out i cant get the model im after so was looking at a diff model tonite was thinking of putting a deposit on it then was told i have to reaply for a licence i cant change over to top it of still no sign of my hunting licence this country goin to **** i know of ppl that have givin up and handed in there guns no im stuck with noting any way sorry for the rant best of luck to you all this season im out till next year

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭ronboy

Sorry for your troubles sikahunter....this country is gone to f**k and wait till the next buget. Holy s**t.:eek::eek:
    Don't give up yet...Why don't you just reapply for your licence??:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

sikahunter wrote: »
    so i handed in my 6.5 to get a 243 been waiting 2 months to just order the rifle to find out i cant get the model im after so was looking at a diff model tonite was thinking of putting a deposit on it then was told i have to reaply for a licence i cant change over to top it of still no sign of my hunting licence this country goin to **** i know of ppl that have givin up and handed in there guns no im stuck with noting any way sorry for the rant best of luck to you all this season im out till next year

the 6.5 is a larger calibre of rifle than the .243 , the guards should see it as a step down in calibre too , what model of rifle were you looking at ? i find if you keep ringing the deer hunting licence crowd they'll get it to you , pester power !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 .243 express

They should change the deer hunting licence to 3yrs now also.Make it easier for everyone.But then this is Ireland(why make it easy for us).............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

They should change the deer hunting licence to 3yrs now also.Make it easier for everyone.But then this is Ireland(why make it easy for us).............

that would not be practial .if you get your paper work to them in time they can do there job.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Why would it be more difficult JW??wouldnt it cut down the paperwork,as this 3year liscense was to do???[Well,it will I suppose,since it is now all going to be on plastic...:)]

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

it would cut down on paper work .

there is going to be problems with this 3 year licence .ie, i join a rifle club ,stalking lease require my rifle and licence from it in year one for the next two years i dont.

why not do the same with game clubs then ?.

if you hand in a deer hunting application a few weeks before the season with a note from some one with a 100 acres it will take time to check it out ,also why would you change your only firearm in the first few weeks of the season especially considering the **** up they have made of this new system

the pistol end of it is covered as all clubs will ,supposedly be checked.

the land of saints and scholars ! me hxle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭sikahunter

the rifle i was after is a howa ranchland 243 in camo but cant get them here i handed my rifle in months ago before the season to find out just last week that they dont the howa here was hoping to change the rifle over with out waiting but am told i have to get new permissions and start over again so could be waiting months to hear back on a new licence the new licence is very confusing

Advertisement