Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Driving time from Bandon

• 11-09-2009 10:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Any one know how long it takes to drive (and park!) coming from Bandon? Probably for 9 oclock?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Forever, you won't get parking at 9 :)

I'd imagine whole journey would take you 40 mins by time you get CIT. Least you on the correct side city anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭yy885

if you come at 9...then you will see bunch of people waiting for the car park:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

you wont get parking after 8:45

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Signpost

depends what your driving ranging from a tractor will take approx 1hr 40 mins allowing parking time in nearest field and a helicopter would take approx 17mins but then you would have to get from helicopter pad in CUH to the college. If there is weather variables then this time completely changes.

If your not hitting the roundabout outside CIT at 8.30, forget about parking on campus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭smileygirlloves

i think you have to be in cork by 8.30am for parkin!!!! mayb you sud just stay in cork!!!!:D:D:D:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

Signpost wrote: »
    but then you would have to get from helicopter pad in CUH to the college.

not true some lad landed one on the astroturf there a year or 2 ago i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭philiporeilly

Dankoozy wrote: »
    not true some lad landed one on the astroturf there a year or 2 ago i think

I have arrived&taken off at CIT three times in a helicopter and landed on the running track while taking pics of santa arriving for CIT Xmas Day. Takes 10mins from Mallow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

I have arrived&taken off at CIT three times in a helicopter and landed on the running track while taking pics of santa arriving for CIT Xmas Day. Takes 10mins from Mallow.

How much fuel does it cost? i reckon in 10 or 20years half the students will own helicopters and we will complain about them being spoiled and how we 'only had cars' in our day. They wont bother learning to drive but will go straight for the ppl-h

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭philiporeilly

Just to clarify wasnt my helicopter and was doing it to raise money for charity so got a good discount. Any of the aerial pics on citsu.ie were taken from one of those trips.

Advertisement