Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applied Languages - Intermediate?

Options
  • 11-09-2009 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭

Bonjour.

I was looking around for an elective and ive heard great things about the Applied Language courses, so i had a look and as i really enjoyed French in the Leaving Cert i checked the basic French course and it looked too basic, i got a C3 in Higher level which is the highest grade allowed to participate in the intermediate course.

Anyone on here any experience?

A mon avis, je suis assez fort en Francais et je crois cela ne pas un problem. (feel free to correct me there lol, as i said im quite strong, notihng spectacular).

Or anyone who has done an intermediate course, how did you find it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭pepsi1234

I would say go lower than intermediate. There is a big step up from the lower levels to intermediate and you could risk getting a good grade. anyway the teacher can always move you up if your level is too high.

ps (et je crois que cela n'est pas un probleme) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

I considered doing one of these but settled for Computer Programming, German intermediate looks like all the boring parts of the language.

Technically, Im still learning a new language though.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭triseke

i did intermediate japanese and german as elective. there is huge difference between the lower and these levels of the language, especially in japanese. I dont think the applied language centre will let you do the lower level if you did it for the leaving cert.

But doing a language in UCD is great. I would totally recommend it

Advertisement