Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One failed repeat exam

• 11-09-2009 11:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭

So i failed just one of my repeat exams so dat means i'm stuck repeating the whole year. I haven't been talking to my department yet but was thinking I could try proceed to third year anyway and just do that module externally, i.e. only do the exam when it comes around at christmas.

Anyone ever hear of someone doing that, as in going on to the next year anyway and repeating a 2nd year exam in 3rd year or someting alonmg those lines?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

As far as I know you can't progress without passing 2nd year. There may be ways around it, most likely it would involve paying hefty tuition fees to attend 3rd year lectures/tutorials but you'd really need to speak to the department about that. My advice would be to get work experience for the year, study your failed subject in your spare time and put your year to good use. I know it sucks that you're stalling for a year and your friends might be gone onward or whatever but you'll find its not so bad once you pass your exam and progress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Not possible, you'll have a year to make sure you pass that one module then go on into 3rd year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61 ✭✭hinduhamster

You really should get onto the Dept. Don't assume you can just casually walk into the next year.

There are some cases where you can carry modules into the next year in some cases (UCD). honestly the best thing to do is get onto the Dept and figure things out before it's too late.

Don't want to overly scare you but the sooner the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

I tried this in first year and was assured that this was not something t
    he college did. However, they DID find a workaround for me, so do hurry in and talk to them!

• Advertisement
Advertisement