Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setanta, Setanta, Setanta

Options
  • 12-09-2009 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭

I've had Setanta Sports for a little over a year, but after the recent loss of some premier league matches and Arsenal TV, I decided to cancel my subscription.

However before that, they sent me an email explaining that the cost would lower:
    Firstly we would like to advise you that your subscription price is changing. We’re making it cheaper! From 1st August 2009 your Setanta Sports pack will cost just €16.99 per month. That’s a saving of €60.00 per year.

I emailed requests@setanta.com on the 11/8/2009 and requested that i be unsubscribed. The reply I got explained about Setanta UK going into administration etc and they go on to say :
    If your email is regarding a cancellation enquiry, please be advised that you do not need to take any further action.

Tonight I check my Visa statement and they've taken €21.99 out of my card !!!! WTF?

Apart from emailling them and complainign, is there anything else that i could do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Chipperf

Much the same thing happened with my subscription. On 17th of June I phoned them to cancel. They advised that to be doubley sure the cancellation would be immediate, I should email the address you mentioned above. The other day I noticed they had taken a further 21.99 from my credit card. I rang them, they confirmed that they had details of both the phone call and the email instructing canellation, but that due to 'human error' thay hadn't acted on either..... Fu*£i$! extraordinary!

To make it worse, the place I was on the phone to are unwilling/unable to process a refund. If I want my money returned - money I was charged following their mistake (they make no pretence to the contrary)- I have to contact a section of the company based in Scotland. For some reason, that contact cannot be made by phone, or by email....it requires a letter to be written, requesting a refund!

Bunch of gangsters - they'll be no loss if they do finally fold. It seems entirely obvious that this is a thinly veiled ploy to extract extra money from one-time customers (charges made after subscription is cancelled, failing to cancel subscriptions when clearly intructed to), not to mention the difficulty in actually securing a refund.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Chipperf wrote: »
    Much the same thing happened with my subscription. On 17th of June I phoned them to cancel. They advised that to be doubley sure the cancellation would be immediate, I should email the address you mentioned above. The other day I noticed they had taken a further 21.99 from my credit card. I rang them, they confirmed that they had details of both the phone call and the email instructing canellation, but that due to 'human error' thay hadn't acted on either..... Fu*£i$! extraordinary!

To make it worse, the place I was on the phone to are unwilling/unable to process a refund. If I want my money returned - money I was charged following their mistake (they make no pretence to the contrary)- I have to contact a section of the company based in Scotland. For some reason, that contact cannot be made by phone, or by email....it requires a letter to be written, requesting a refund!

Bunch of gangsters - they'll be no loss if they do finally fold. It seems entirely obvious that this is a thinly veiled ploy to extract extra money from one-time customers (charges made after subscription is cancelled, failing to cancel subscriptions when clearly intructed to), not to mention the difficulty in actually securing a refund.
    complain to your credit card companies and get them to refund you if possible as you have emails etc stating that you have cancelled!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

"Having the foresight to have set up subscription with a 3v card" FTW. I've been freerolling on my subscription for about three months now, and have not heard anything from them.

What should I do if they come a knockin for it? I mean they've changed the terms/promises of my original subscription by not showing what they said they were gonna...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 pat78monday6

are all you guys with setenta direct, do you not go through a cable co. or satt company , if you did you just call them and cancil that way there is no loss:rolleyes:

Advertisement