Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TMNT: Turtles In Time - Re-Shelled

Options
  • 12-09-2009 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭

Anyone played this new version of the game? I remember playing it back on the SNES but I don't think I'd be willing to pay $9.99 for a nostalgia trip. I've been burned once too many times by that.

I'm downloading the demo though from the US Store.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Anyone played this new version of the game? I remember playing it back on the SNES but I don't think I'd be willing to pay $9.99 for a nostalgia trip. I've been burned once too many times by that.

I'm downloading the demo though from the US Store.

Played on 360 and it sucked...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I bought it and well. Not so good tbh.

Music sucks, controls suck and it just feels like a terrible brawler. it seems like they took a good arcade game and destroyed its soul while making it HD.

I'd love if capcom used the HD layer on SF2turboHD remix on some of their CP1 and CP2 games. Aliens vs Predator HD or Punisher HD would be awesome.

Even better... CADILLACS AND DINOSAURS HD :eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Doesn't have the Shredder boss fight from the SNES either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I'm just after finishing playing the demo and I agree that it isn't good. The controls just don't seem responsive but even more than that it wasn't even any fun.

Won't be getting my money. I'm downloading the Clone Wars demo now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

played the demo and it was pants

get the original arcade game (is that available on psn?) instead

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭kdizl/doylah

Friend bought the game so game shared with them.

The game is alright,
    Pretty repetitive but it does the trick for a quick multiplayer game with friends.

@monkeyfudge -
    I never finished the original, but shredder is at the end in a boss fight. swords and all.

Overall, its a lacklustre Streets of Rage in Turtle HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

On the SNES there is a cool boss fight where you defeat Shredder by throwing Foot soldiers out of the screen at him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Ed_

I tried the demo today and awful is a word that springs to mind.

Advertisement