Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your DPS, i LoL's at it.

Options
  • 12-09-2009 2:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭

madskill-dmg.jpg

Wot... no hunters? Oh... I wonder who got multiple hysterias ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

One warlock aswell : /

Would a damage meter like that set the hunter and warlock forums alight on the wow forums with people calling " give us t3h buffs blizz noobs!!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

Cleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

You've been 25 man raiding Gamon again haven't you !

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

see this? this is why fan of knives needs to be removed..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

Its getting nerfed by 50% i think..

• Advertisement

I really hope that druid at the end is a boomkin...otherwise feral took a bad turn.

sigh... shadowpriest 2nd last :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

nix wrote: »
    Its getting nerfed by 50% i think..
    So is Armour Penetration which looks like these guys were stackin. Was tempted to go gem it but knowin my luck patch would come out the followin week with the nerf & I'd be broke tryin to replace em again :)

FoK nerf sucks :( finally get a viable aoe move then gets nerfed. Even atm anyhow can't seem to get near the top couple in Ulduar/ToC now on my rogue :( DK's seem to be gettin the top spots :(

Berns wrote: »
    finally get a viable aoe move then gets nerfed.

11k aoe dps viable? Rogues working as intended.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Psycopat wrote: »
    11k aoe dps viable? Rogues working as intended.

Who said it was 11k aoe :rolleyes: Can you tell me which fight(s) it was plz & what moves they were using? :) All i see is a list of names and numbers so if know otherwise please share :)

Meant to be best single target dps. And thats a lot of Armour Penetration these guys have which is apparently OP'd and gettin nerfed along with FoK. Was tempted to gem Armour Pen when seen this and another rogue on my server whose usually decent dps. Unfortunatly who know when the nerf patch comes :(

your telling me these days did 11k on anub and it wasnt aoe? forget it mate.

this topic is about the dps meter at the top which is about the first kill of anub in toc 25heroic so the meter is viable

id love to see a spell breakdown for this, i reckon its all fok for the rogues, unholy dks, fire mages with living bomb and retridins with divine storm, hench the big numbers. i reckon put a warrior in there with whirlwind and he will be up there too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Splinter wrote: »
    your telling me these days did 11k on anub and it wasnt aoe? forget it mate.

this topic is about the dps meter at the top which is about the first kill of anub in toc 25heroic so the meter is viable

id love to see a spell breakdown for this, i reckon its all fok for the rogues, unholy dks, fire mages with living bomb and retridins with divine storm, hench the big numbers. i reckon put a warrior in there with whirlwind and he will be up there too.

Whirld wind??? LOL???

The fight consists of killing 4 adds + Anub, they are tanked all grouped together so the raid can throw whatever they got at them so rogues just spam their FoK buttons and end up with 12k dps. The raid must use their best aoe spec, for example when we do it we have all locks go demonology, it was the first time i played demo in wrath and i was peaking at 12k dps but this was when all the adds were up. Rogues seem to have over 10k sustained dps, which ofc is not intended. When they get nerfed its gona make the fight very hard tbh.

Would be interesting to see a bladestorm warrior though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Whirld wind??? LOL???

Whirlwind is the highest damage attack a fury warrior has. What's the lol for?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

I think the lol's because you rolled a warrior. I still lol from time to time ;)

AOE on multiple adds or not, that's a big difference between 1 melee class and the next. Considering the gear difference i've seen in raids, between rogues and other melee classes, (the rogues having inferior gear to the other classes and the rogues coming out on top), it's gotta be brought in line. Though I will miss it in those hard mode fights where you need just that little bit extra dps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I dunno whats up with your raid setups, but for my guild its me and another hunter usually on top with a mage and 2 rogues behind. And in some fights like lologarn fury warriors always seem to come ontop. But yeah 12k dps from FoK spam is pretty insane, and in that fight they were about 20 seconds from enrage too.

The AP with hunters as well is a bit OP. Considering there's a hunter I raid with who's always right behind me on agro on boss fights.

Y'see you've gotta understand - NOBODY is up there with me on agro :(

I tanked alongside a DK last night on some northrend ring of blood stuff (I was bored while we faught and I kept changing gear and build between fights - I was meant to be the healer), and I overagro'd him, without Righteous Fury on. Only noticed after the fight it was off.

Anti wrote: »
    I dunno whats up with your raid setups, but for my guild its me and another hunter usually on top with a mage and 2 rogues behind.

For most guilds theres usually some people who want to out dps everyone else and theres people who dont really care and just slack but it varies from fight to fight tbh. In guilds where people are equally skilled and geared the fights make a massive difference and if theres any sort of fight where theres more than 1 guy to kill the guys who can cleave are gona win.
    Anti wrote: »
    And in some fights like lologarn fury warriors always seem to come ontop.

Cleave the boss and his arms for crazy dmg.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

What fight is this a report on or have I missed it somewhere? Some of our rogues have topped 20k DPS on trash (Freya trash for one). I've managed 16k (mage) on Thorim hard mode for example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Thats Anub on 25man HM

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

Mena wrote: »
    What fight is this a report on or have I missed it somewhere? Some of our rogues have topped 20k DPS on trash (Freya trash for one). I've managed 16k (mage) on Thorim hard mode for example.

Thats why nobody counts trash for calculating dps, you wont do 20k dps on the boss, which is what matters i guess..

• Advertisement

wasnt the initial report on hodir speed kill for ensidia that they stacks mages who did over 20k dps each? a stacked fight i know but that doesnt mean it cant happen in the right situation

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Splinter wrote: »
    wasnt the initial report on hodir speed kill for ensidia that they stacks mages who did over 20k dps each? a stacked fight i know but that doesnt mean it cant happen in the right situation

40K DPS was the highest recorded by an Ensidia mage, though to be fair, I've not seen any logs of that.

Edit: I note I said Thorim hard mode in my first post, I meant to say Hodir HM, nicely stacked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭magilly

aoe zzzzzzz. They should just take alot of the aoe'ing out of boss fights. The only reason rogues are raping that fight is because of combat + fok (Bladeflurry/AR + FoK = Absolute rapage !). On single target, the dmg meters wont look anything like that(good rogues will probably still be top tho), the warlock in that group is probably demo for the buff which is why his dmg is alot less than the rest, hunters aoe = ****.

You mean there are fights out there that work best with a certain raid setup? No way! Have all fights single dps, and take out all AOE from every class, so that you can only target and attack 1 mob at a time.

Go buy pokemon :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭magilly

Nah... but fights where aoe is KING are stupid, thats why rogues/dk's are gonna be far more desired in fights like anub, esspecially for progressive fights. If i had to choose between a hunter or a rogue for anub.... i think i'd choose the rogue.... classes with no or **** aoe are having to take the backsit in quite a few fights. Its ok have 2 or 3 mobs to fight in a boss encounter, but they should try having more anti cleave mechanics so that its not just "Gather them up and aoe spank thus bitchas !" or just give everyone good aoe abilities, hunters + shamans.

I guess it comes down to how hardcore your guild is when it comes to raiding spots and **** tho.

Advertisement