Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Falveys Chemist Douglas

Options
  • 12-09-2009 9:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭

What is going on there? I wonder did they have a falling out with the Douglas Shopping Centre developers because it looks ridiculous the way they re building around it :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

It looks pretty awful alright but I'm assuming when the development has finished they will perhaps move into a nice new shop at the front of the building, close to where they currently are.

That's just my assumption though, but yep, as it stands now it looks terrible, this large new construction just towering over the old building preparing to eat it!

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

It looks like they are actually building around it. The new centre is above, to the left and to the right. Surely there is no way it would be built like that unless it was going to remain. My assumption was that they refused to sell because they wanted more money.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Kazbah wrote: »
    My assumption was that they refused to sell because they wanted more money.

A pharmacy kicking their heels in for more money...sounds familiar these days;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Is the building not part of the centre? How could Mr Love (shopping centre owner get planning to build over someone else property the way the new building is built around the chemist?
    There are a fair few empty units in the new part of the centre too, between that & the empty units in Douglas Court & Blackpool he must be down a good bit in earnings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

i was wondering myself because it does look bizarre i just assumed they were doing what they did in the other side where they left the shops open but built around them as such...but it doesn't look like they are adding the pharmacy into it...unless they are going to move into where Hills were....

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

It really does look odd, I assumed they were waiting for a unit in the main s/c.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Moro Man

AFAIK they refused to move over a dispute and the building work is going ahead around them. There is also talk of a breach on contract case coming before the courts soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

Moro Man wrote: »
    There is also talk of a breach on contract case coming before the courts soon.

Who is meant to have breached a contract?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

If this is coming before the courts I think its best we keep boards well away from it.

Locked for now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement