Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem with EXSPECT ipod docking unit

• 12-09-2009 9:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

I have EXSPECT EX852 model speaker/ipod docking unit but my new ipod classic wont fit in the slot. Anybody with the problem or can I get an adapter or something?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

It apparently comes with the different size adapters to allow for the different models to be attached. Are you sure you haven't overlooked these in the box or packaging?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 ottobock

thank you for that info.. unfortunately i've no box at all and those parts must surely now be gone in the packaging of which there is no trace. I wonder if I can buy an adapter in a shop such as peats?

ottobock wrote: »
    I wonder if I can buy an adapter in a shop such as peats?

bumping this up .. just wondering if anyone has an answer to above
    ( i find it difficult getting around in a wheelchair, otherwise I wouldnt be asking what seems a trifling question!)

Maybe ask the manufacturers themselves to see what they say about the fact that your iPod can't connect to their speakers?

Though I don't see this model of dock on their site after a quick look. Worth a shot anyway.

phone: 00441282 684 871
    email: customer.services@gem.co.uk

Soundman wrote: »
    Maybe ask the manufacturers themselves to see what they say about the fact that your iPod can't connect to their speakers?

Though I don't see this model of dock on their site after a quick look. Worth a shot anyway.

phone: 00441282 684 871
    email: customer.services@gem.co.uk

Thank you for this I'll send an e-mail now and see how I get on
    You've been very helpful, thank you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TonyM.

My girlfriend just put my Nano through the washing machine

TonyM. wrote: »
    My girlfriend just put my Nano through the washing machine

I'm sorry to hear that.

Though I have to ask. What has that got to do with this user's problem?

ottobock wrote: »
    Thank you for this I'll send an e-mail now and see how I get on
    You've been very helpful, thank you :)

Good luck ottobock, let us know how you get on with it.

Most welcome. Sure that is what these boards are all about. Helping each other out like one big happy family. :)

Soundman wrote: »
    Good luck ottobock, let us know how you get on with it.

Most welcome. Sure that is what these boards are all about. Helping each other out like one big happy family. :)

Good news and bad news :)

Bad news is the company e-mailed me back very efficiently and explained this model not made anymore :(

Good News for The Modern Man :) (sorry .. that was a book I read once upon a time!!)

The good news is that an adapter you referred to was already inserted in the unit which had me fooled :o my "little" daughter on seeing my problem promptly removed it using that natural skill inherent in youth when dealing with modern technology ... I'm now up and running with excellent sound/remote control etc. Thank you again for replying to my post :)

Glad to hear it. I can't believe I didn't suggest that the adapter might have been in there already!

Oh well. All's well that ends well. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement