Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bread and Butter Prem Weekend Chit Chat

• 12-09-2009 10:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Saturday, 12 September 2009

Blackburn v Wolverhampton, 15:00---DRAW
    Liverpool v Burnley, 15:00
    HOME
    Man City v Arsenal, 15:00
    DRAW
    Portsmouth v Bolton, 15:00
    DRAW
    Stoke v Chelsea, 15:00
    AWAY
    Sunderland v Hull, 15:00
    HOME
    Tottenham v Man Utd, 17:30
    AWAY
    Wigan v West Ham, 15:00
    AWAY

Sunday, 13 September 2009

Birmingham v Aston Villa, 12:00
    AWAY
    Fulham v Everton, 16:15
    DRAW

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Stats!

If City keep a clean sheet today it'll be the first time since 1915 they've kept 5 clean sheets in a row. Back when Xavi was a lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Some good games on today,

The stand out one is the match at Eastlands, a victory for Arsenal today would in some way make up for the defeat at United. Man City have their 100% record to hold onto, but i think this one will end as a scoring draw.

Another 100% records are on Display with Chelsea away to Stoke - a tough game no matter what team you are, but i think Chelsea will still take it, given their display's against these tyes of teams so far this season, i'm going for a Chelsea win.

Tottenham having played one game more than City, but the same as Chelsea,have the other 100% record on display at home to Man Utd. Man Utd seem to do well against Spurs, will be an interesting and exciting game, i'm going for a scoring draw.

Burnley have had a good start to the season, their stand out result being a victory against Man Utd. Away from turf moor may prove to be more difficult for them this season and they face a Liverpool team hungry to avoid any more slip ups so early on. I fancy a Liverpool win today, but not a convincing one.

Blackburn have their injury troubles again, especially up front so expect more long ball actions again today, frustrating Wolves as well as the home fan's. The last time these teams met at Ewood park in the Premiership finished 5-1 to the home side. It won't be anywhere near that today, but a Blackburn win should still be on the cards.

Sunderland have started well under Bruce, the key aspect being the two tough tackling midfielders in the centre of the park. This should work well at times for Sunderland and will please the fans, but the lack of creativity in the centre could well cost them on occasions. They face Hull today, but which Hull will turn up, i think the quality of the Sunderland front line will be too much for Hull, even though they may well have to give their 3rd choice keeper his debut, a Sunderland win.

Portsmouth return to Fratton park today in a bottom of the table clash against Bolton. Bolton may have played a game less than their opposition today, but both teams have yet to manage to get points on the board. Both teams have very little quality left in their teams, and will continue to struggle this season. I'm predicting them to struggle to their first points today, a Draw.

The last match on today's card see's Wigan take on West Ham. Wigan have not had a good start this year under new management, whereas West ham have had a mixed start, aslo having played a game less than their opposition. Martinez likes to play attractive football but some of their most exciting players left during the summer. West ham continue to develop under Zola, even though they are struggling with the numbers up front, i think they should still have too much for Wigan today. Zola likes to play total football, much like Martinez, an exciting match beckons along with a West Ham win.

Have put €1 accumulator on these results today, works out at €628.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

Which games are televised today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

POOL V BURNLEY SELLOTANTA 3PM
    SPURS V UTD ESPN 5.30PM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

I'm surprised City-Arsenal wasn't selected for TV.
    An intriguing game in store I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Blackburn v Wolverhampton, 15:00---AWAY
    HOME
    AWAY
    HOME
    AWAY
    DRAW
    DRAW
    HOME

AWAY
    AWAY

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

BERBA wrote: »
    POOL V BURNLEY SELLOTANTA 3PM
    SPURS V UTD ESPN 5.30PM
    Why are you such a lazy player?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Liverpool team in -
    Reina, Johnson, Insua, Carragher, Skrtel, Lucas, Gerrard, Riera, Benayoun, Kuyt, Torres.

Subs: Cavalieri, Degen, Dossena, Spearing, Ngog, Voronin, Kyrgiakos.

Still no Babel, intrigue....as expected Masch rested.

So is it 4-4-2 or is Yossi in the hole?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

mike65 wrote: »
    Liverpool team in -
    Reina, Johnson, Insua, Carragher, Skrtel, Lucas, Gerrard, Riera, Benayoun, Kuyt, Torres.

If i could find a hole big enough id put him in it with a few more!

Joke joke He'll prob score now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Liverpool team in -

Would i be right in saying that babel cost more than the whole subs lineup there?

Would like to see spearing get a chance, the rest of the bench is uninspiring to say the least.

• Advertisement

City playing a 4-2-3-1 as I thought they might when they played a good team.

Ireland will be the key man in this formation and should have a much bigger licence to get forward.

daithijjj wrote: »
    Would i be right in saying that babel cost more than the whole subs lineup there?

Almost! Babel cost 11.5, I reckon the rest cost about 12 million. A 12 million pound bench :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

HOME
    DRAW
    DRAW
    AWAY
    HOME
    AWAY
    AWAY

AWAY
    AWAY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Almost! Babel cost 11.5, I reckon the rest cost about 12 million. A 12 million pound bench :(

Apart from spearing, that bench is a campaign poster for the use anti depressants.

Blackburn: Robinson, Jacobsen, Samba, Givet, Chimbonda, Andrews, Grella, Diouf, Dunn, Pedersen, Roberts. Subs: Brown, Emerton, Nelsen, Salgado, Kalinic, Di Santo, Hoilett.

Wolverhampton: Hennessey, Stearman, Berra, Mancienne, Hill, Halford, Henry, Milijas, Jarvis, Doyle, Keogh. Subs: Hahnemann, Elokobi, Edwards, Surman, David Jones, Vokes, Maierhofer.

All Ireland attack for Wolves, with The Hoff on the bench ;)

Chelsea fielding a weakened starting 11, no Anelka, Carvalho, Michael Essien

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Andy reid is getting a run out for Sunderland today. Could prove to be an inspired move me putting him in my FF team this week! I knew Bruce would have started him today because of his freshness due to his international exhile!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Blackburn: Robinson, Jacobsen, Samba, Givet, Chimbonda, Andrews, Grella, Diouf, Dunn, Pedersen, Roberts. Subs: Brown, Emerton, Nelsen, Salgado, Kalinic, Di Santo, Hoilett.

Wolverhampton: Hennessey, Stearman, Berra, Mancienne, Hill, Halford, Henry, Milijas, Jarvis, Doyle, Keogh. Subs: Hahnemann, Elokobi, Edwards, Surman, David Jones, Vokes, Maierhofer.

Milijas to score today ;)

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Andy reid is getting a run out for Sunderland today. Could prove to be an inspired move me putting him in my FF team this week! I knew Bruce would have started him today because of his freshness due to his international exhile!

Have you seen who is playing left back behind him? :eek:

Danny Collins really shouldn't have been sold.

Great to see him getting a start, as i've said before, the wide role could be his way back into the fold.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

HOME
    DRAW
    DRAW
    AWAY
    HOME
    AWAY
    DRAW

AWAY
    AWAY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Stoke 1-0 Chelsea!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Stoke 1-0.

:)

Stoke 1-0 :O

Ah lads, Chelsea are my LMS team this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

FFS both my FF keepers are injured now :mad:

Andy Reid scores to make it 2-1 to Sunderland

Rekop dog wrote: »

Good call!

Blackburn look on their way to their first league win of the season.

2-0 up against Wolves now, Roberts from a Dunn corner, Dunn having a great game by all accounts.

**edit***

3-0 to Blackburn now, David Dunn robbing a goal on the line from Jason Roberts

Jebus, Wolves have to get SEB and Kightly fit

I cannot wait for MOTD. What a day.

• Advertisement

Thank fupp Chelsea have scored (feel dirty)

Fulham come from behind to beat Everton 2-1.

Duff scored, get in.

Advertisement