Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Info] Advice on shared tenancy contract

Options
  • 12-09-2009 10:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

I recently moved into a new house with 3 other flat mates who i lived with previously. The rent was over half price cheaper than our old house but for one reason and another i'm thinking of moving again and getting a place of my own. Our tenancy is a shared contract and we are renting the house together opposed to renting a room seperately. If i found somebody to move into my room after i leave, is it just a simple case of changing the name on the contract to theirs and will i get my deposit back. Anybody advice would be a help especially if you experienced a similar problem.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,364 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Under the Residential Tenancies Act 2004, yes, you should be able to do this.

However, I imagine the replacement has to be accpetable to your flatmates and landlord.

Getting someone to take it at the same rent may be difficult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 xx_lil_lee_xx

Victor wrote: »
    Under the Residential Tenancies Act 2004, yes, you should be able to do this.

However, I imagine the replacement has to be accpetable to your flatmates and landlord.

Getting someone to take it at the same rent may be difficult.

so it is possible to let someone else take your room as long as the landlord approves??

anybody want accomodation in single room in churchfields in salthill with two girls and a fella.all students. 300 deposit. 75 a week???

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement