Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clearing the cache - safe?

• 12-09-2009 10:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Attending a LAN later but of course, one person is being awkward and is not connected to XBox Live so is unable to download updates for games. So, instead the other systems have to revert back to the original version of the game.

Everywhere I have looked it has given the same advice: Clean the cache
    (Go to the Xbox Dashboard, select the System Blade, and select Memory.
    * Highlight the HD symbol and press Y.
    * Press X, X, Left Bumper, Right Bumper, X, X. )

One thing is sticking in mind despite searching. I think the last time this was done on a system the guy lost his maps for Nazi Zombies and Custom Halo 3 maps. Obviously it is a situation to avoid...So is this the correct process for ensuring that the consoles can be hooked up to each other? Any other tips?

Thanks!

🤪

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

He should still be able to download updates with a Silver Live account, just plug his xbox into the network point? Clearing the cache on all your machines, potentially losing updates and maps for the sake of one person is a bit heavy handed if you ask me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

It does seem a little heavy-handed. Unfortunately he doesn't have internet access, never mind a Live account! And he is the one behind the operation...Thankfully I don't have any extra maps :D

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    It does seem a little heavy-handed. Unfortunately he doesn't have internet access, never mind a Live account! And he is the one behind the operation...Thankfully I don't have any extra maps :D

Anybody going even that has a laptop and mobile broadband? Should only take a few minutes for him to update and then ye'll all be set to go, without any of your stuff getting wiped!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Sabre000 wrote:
    Unfortunately he doesn't have internet access, never mind a Live account!

How could he not have a Live account? Once you give yourself a gamertag you have a Live account, only different being silver or gold, and you can get updates with either once someone provide a basic internet connection, either through a laptop and mobile broadband or bring his 360 around to any of your houses for a few mins and the jobs done.

The only way you cannot have a Live account and use a 360 is to constantly use the ''Guest'' account.

Advertisement