Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In_tuition's weekly football selection

Options
  • 12-09-2009 11:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭

Hope you lot don't mind me adding my thoughts to the forum.

Bristol Rovers (League 1) 5/6

Hartlepool (League 1) 10/11

Double = 5/2

Bristol Rovers totally dominated their game last week, allbeit against an under-strength Millwall side, nevertheless they created a lot of chances and the 2-0 scoreline should have been greater. They entertain Oldham at home today who once again will be missing key players. Bristol outplayed promotion-seeking Huddersfield at home recently while Oldham suffered a humiliating 3-0 home defeat last week at the hands of my other selection, Hartlepool, Oldham failed to pass the ball out of their half and looked a very slow and weary side. High on confidence team versus depleted side = comfortable home victory for Bristol.

Hartlepool had an excellent away result at Oldham last week, as already said above Oldham were very slow but that was due to how well organised the Hartlepool team is and how well they work for one another. They are pointless at home this season but I don't see that as a huge negative especially against the defensive minded side of Wycombe. Wycombe WILL put 11 men behind the ball and try and fustrate the home side but the confidence building win from last week will have a big influence on the home side and considering they are a big and well organised outfit I don't see them having any problems overcoming the parked bus.

€50 Double.

:cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭In_tuition

Hit the woodwork last weekend with 1 win and draw but in reality they were 2 poor selections giving the context of how both games went. Oldham defended stoutely and were robbed in the dying minutes, equally Wycombe made it extremely hard for Hartlepool, who played pretty dire it has to be said.

I am having 1 midweek bet this week and it comes in the form of the new Russian giants Rubin Kazan. Anyone who follows European football on a weekly basis will be aware of how good a team they are. They are over half-way through their league season and their last 4 away league games have resulted in a scoreless draw at Zenit St Petersburg and 3 wins at FK Moscow (1-3), Dynamo Moscow (0-3) & Spartak Moscow (0-3). Tonight they are away to Dynamo Kiev who are unbeaten in their first 6 league games this campaign but the Ukranian league is ranked lower than the Russian, although with the Uefa Cup triumph of Shakhtar Donetsk last term their league status has improved a lot. Arsenal found it difficult against the Ukranians last term but overall Kiev only scored 4 league goals in the group stages. I expect the current Russian champions (who once again lead the league by 6 points this campaign) to gain an away victory.

Rubin Kazan 3/1

€50 win :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭marko91

In_tuition wrote: »
    Hit the woodwork last weekend with 1 win and draw but in reality they were 2 poor selections giving the context of how both games went. Oldham defended stoutely and were robbed in the dying minutes, equally Wycombe made it extremely hard for Hartlepool, who played pretty dire it has to be said.

I am having 1 midweek bet this week and it comes in the form of the new Russian giants Rubin Kazan. Anyone who follows European football on a weekly basis will be aware of how good a team they are. They are over half-way through their league season and their last 4 away league games have resulted in a scoreless draw at Zenit St Petersburg and 3 wins at FK Moscow (1-3), Dynamo Moscow (0-3) & Spartak Moscow (0-3). Tonight they are away to Dynamo Kiev who are unbeaten in their first 6 league games this campaign but the Ukranian league is ranked lower than the Russian, although with the Uefa Cup triumph of Shakhtar Donetsk last term their league status has improved a lot. Arsenal found it difficult against the Ukranians last term but overall Kiev only scored 4 league goals in the group stages. I expect the current Russian champions (who once again lead the league by 6 points this campaign) to gain an away victory.

Rubin Kazan 3/1

€50 win :cool:

i have dynamo in my accum so i hope your rong:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭fintonie

wow a soccer thread you can reply to without the FBI check out.

Well gambling is all about opinions. I've followed Kazan's success story over the last few years and they are the team who most impress me in Europe barring the obvious big names. My selection isn't based on the goals statistics which Kazan have but more on the fact that Kiev are so bad in the Champions League and Kazan are undoubtedly on the top of their game in recent years. They are an excellent mix of experienced league players combined with players right in their prime and a handful of skillful younger players and it all gathers to form an excellent team. Everyone was raving about Zenit a couple of years back well Rubin Kazan have a better side than that Zenit team. All the best with your bet, hopefully one of us will collect.

Goals change games. Kiev were awful in the 1st half and never looked liked scoring 1 let alone 3 and their price of 5/1 looked right. In off the the arch of the crossbar for their 1st goal seemed to turn the tide towards them similar to the Arsenal game when their goal at half time changed the home teams mentality.

Hopefully someone made a few bob tonight anyway, roll on Saturday :cool:

• Advertisement

Peterborough at home to Reading - Home win 11/8

Port Vale at home to Bury - Home win 6/5

Double pays little over 4/1

€40 win double :cool:

Looks like P'boro won't win in 8 games, 2-0 down at half time to Reading :mad:

Thread closed :(

Might have to rethink P'boro 2-2 after 54 mins :pac:

Peterborough victorius by 3-2 sadly Port Vale had a nightmare at home, where they have a very decent record this season. Disappointing :(

I'll chance 1 more next week and call it a day if it fails. Unlike a lot of people who post on this gambling forum I don't select 1/3, 1/4 shots and claim to be punting hundreds on it. If anyone has actually bet on my bets I'll gladly post a copy of bet.

€-140

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Dont give up right away, leave it run for a few weeks, results are not going your way yet, but you are thinking along the right lines. Things will turn around, if you make the right decisions the results will take care of themselves, dont be disheartened by a couple of bad weeks, the season is only starting.

• Advertisement

Aye I know mate and thanks for the words of encouragement, in the first couple of weeks of the new season I landed some very nice bets hence why I decided to post my next few up on here, I've had other bets hit the net like Wolfsburg last weekend and a couple of other singles but they were simply spur of the moment as I like to have a bet if I decide to watch a game. I think some of the bets posted up here are justified somewhat but you know yourself a couple of wins and the balance would be back in the + side. I'll give it a couple of more. Thanks again and feel free to add your thoughts anytime to the thread if you wish.

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭thedini

Hope you lot don't mind me adding my thoughts to the forum.

Lol, weren't you already giving your thoughts as famous45?

Never posted football selections on this forum before, sorry. Thanks for the troll though

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭thedini

Never posted football selections on this forum before, sorry. Thanks for the troll though
    Thank goodness:D

Reading V Waford 11/4

Reading were 2-0 up at half-time last week and lost 3-2, Watford were 2-0 down last week and won 3-2 against Leicester. Watford have some decent away results this season. Short analysis but short of time.

Swansea v Sheffield United 13/10

€30 double @ 15/2

All the best to everyone else having a bet today :cool:

No joy once again :rolleyes:

-€170 on this thread for this month so I am hoping that I can turn that round tonight and end the month in profit.

Notts County 1/1

County are away to a very poor Lincoln team who will unveil a new manager prior to the game ( I think ). County will also take about 2000 fans along so it will have a slight feeling of a home tie to it for them and I am hoping this is the case as their away form this term has been awful, losing away to Morecombe, Barney & Chesterfield in their last 3 away ties, hardly promotion material. Lincoln offered zero work-rate and ambition on Saturday away to Bury. Bury hadn't scored in 440+ minutes of football at home this season until their tie with Lincoln on Saturday, evetually running out comfortable 2-0 winners. Lincoln are a team in decline and they have very little resources in the team to counter act this, relegation battle is on the cards for them, expect County to knock a few by them tonight.

Rotherham 6/5

Anyone following league 2 will be aware that Rotherham are dominating every game they show up for lately. They are away to Northampton tonight who have made a terrible start to the season. They are leaking goals left, right and centre, defensively they are a shambles, lost 3-0 away to Shrewsbury at the weekend and it's very difficult to rectify those problems right away so expect another away win here.

€40 double at 10/3

I'm also adding Watford v Coventry draw match at 23/10 to the above for a separate treble

€10 treble at 13.5/1

Tonight I see a decent opportunity for 1st goalscorer bet, here is my selections

J Beckford (Leeds) 3/1
    Grant Holt (Norwich) 4/1
    Adam Le Fondre (Rotherham) 5/1
    Carl Baker (Stockport) 5/1

4 x €5 trebles = €20.
    €5 acca at 720/1

€75 in total.

All the best to anyone else betting tonight. :cool:

Pretty disappointed with Rotherham tonight. Can't wait to read the match report.

On the 1st goalscorer bet Beckford was the only one to score first in the match but Holt & Le Fondre scored for their respective sides. Might be worth following those 4 over the season, big payday should they connect together.

-€245 on the thread for this month and I know that's easily turned around with a back to back results but out of respect to everyone else I'll refrain from selecting any more bets in this thread. Perhaps I'll post a few on the football tips thread from time to time. If anyone has followed me in, sorry.

Hope some of you reading made a few bob tonight, roll on the the weekend's golf.

Advertisement