Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car insurance query

Options
  • 12-09-2009 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭

Just wondering, is there a cooling off period type effort on car insurance policies?

Basically i paid for my policy with my old provider, but have been since given a quote which saves me around a hundred quid. paid by laser so the cash has gone out but the new policy doesnt start until wednesday. can i cancel the policy or am i tied into it? havent received my new disk and cert yet so maybe that will tell all.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Im not 100% but im pretty sure you can. During the year, even if you have paid in full most will cancel the policy for you and give a refund of the remaining year. Thats my experience of it anyway.

You should mention which provider it is, each different company would have slightly different terms or conditions.

The best way forward may be to ring the insurance company and tell them you got the cheaper quote, and if they dont match it your are going to leave. Then you will have the lower quote with the hassles of cancelling.

Advertisement