Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cattery north galway

Options
  • 12-09-2009 12:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend one? I don't want to have to drive across the county with two squawking cats, but there don't seem to be any around here? Will drive tho if someone can recommend a good one....anywhere.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Thread here with suggestions
    www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055495198
    Moved to Animals

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

I don't know this place but might be worth checking out, although most cats hate the car it might be worth checking out if they are good not sure how far they are from you.

Here's the site for more info.

http://www.cuddlescattery.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭planetX

Thanks, will check them out. I'd prefer the one without dogs but Athenry is a bit far. Alternatively has anyone used those feeding bowls with a timer? I don't know if I could go away trusting one of those to work though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 IreJewels

Hi,
    I can highly recommend Cuddles cattery. We are just back from holiday - our little fluffball spent over 20 days there and is fine :-) She doesnt travel well either and we drive from Headford so its is always a nerve racking experience but it is worth it. The setup Muriel has at cuddles cattery is excellent and wouldnt be happy leaving our cat with anyone usually. We find using feliway spray in the car and carrier helps calm our cat down for some of the journey. Also covering the carrier with a towel (obviously not completely as it would block air) helps as well.

Hope some of this info helps,

Jewels

Oh by the way, we do use a battery operated feeder and can leave our cat for 4 days at the most, putting out an extra litter tray and plenty of water, the battery operated bowls work fine, never had a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Sometimes it's worth travelling a bit further although if your cats get stressed out with travelling then obviously a cattery nearer would be better.
    Wouldn't use those timer things only for example if you're gone for the day or something and cats want a snack while you're away.

Cats need the litter tray emptied etc. but also what if any became ill while away if there's noone to check on them you could end up coming home to a very sick or worse cat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭planetX

Thanks, it's good to get a recommendation. I might take a drive out to Athenry - I'm near Headford too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

I have to agree with IreJewels.
    We have used CuddlesCattery regularly over the past 2 years. Muriel is extremely good with cats and is very particular about how she cares for them. I think the facilities are excellent also.

I was only recently told about Feliway spray and just ordered it from the UK last Friday. Our cats don't travel well at all, so I'm hoping this helps when transporting them.

Advertisement