Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DAF Assistant App for iPhone

Options
  • 12-09-2009 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭

I was looking through iPhone's apps on the App Store yesterday and I typed in "Stutter" in the search screen and the DAF Assistant app came up. I've seen this before and it's downloadable for a PC. It's €7.99, a bit pricey. I decided anyway to download it to see if it works. First impressions are a bit meh! The interface is basic with only one screen. You can adjust the Delay and Frequency Shift. You need earphones with a built-in mic. When you speak the mic picks you up and you hear yourself in the earphones, depending on what delay is set you hear yourself after you spoke or at the same time. Research has shown if stutterers speak in chorus with one another their speech is better. I'm going to do a short video on it later and post it on YouTube, I'll post the link here when I do it. I'll also use this thread as a log when I use it in real life situations.
    If you have an iPhone I recommend looking into it. Whether or not it works only time will tell.

This is the link to the App on iTunes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Paul4As

I remember about 2 years ago I got a phone call from a guy in England whole distributes these delayed audio earpieces through a ear consultant in Northern Ireland!!! (the real "professional ones) He was wanting to come along to the Belfast Self-Help Group I help to run to do a demonstration!!! I was a bit hesitant as these devices back then cost about 2 grand!!! I was however willing to let him come along...can't remember what exactly happened...I think I didn't get back to him as there wasn't much interest from fellow group members!!!
    I would probably try some delayed audio devices for the craic if they were placed on my lap...but it's not something that I would go looking for!!!
    Am interested to see how you get on Stephen!!! :)

Advertisement