Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spawell Motor Company

• 12-09-2009 1:02pm

I was looking at a mazda demio for my first car. Does anyone know about the spawell motor company, they have it up for 1,945 and it has 57,166 m on the clock. Does it sound like this car could be clocked and how do I make sure that its not. Is there any document that the dealer has to show me that can prove that the milage is correct. It says recently NCT but I heard its easy to get them to fix the milage on the nct document.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Kartale

I dont know how a car SOUNDS clocked, if you mean does it have average miles for the year?
    Well then the answer is that it has below average miles.
    If it is easy to FIX miles on NCT cert - as you say. What is there left to believe? you dont believe the clock, the nct cert, then you may as well use public transport.

As with every car check it over, get a mechanic, look for paperwork, check history.
    there are numerous Threads with these answers, if you search

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

As previously mentioned I would definitley get a competent mechanic to look over the car before you part with any money.
    Also make sure that your warranty is in writing!
    Regarding mileage, contact Mazda (I assume you are looking at this thing) and see what the last recorded mileage they have for it is.
    I would also try and contact the previous owner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭seasam

Kartale wrote: »
    I dont know how a car SOUNDS clocked, if you mean does it have average miles for the year?
    Well then the answer is that it has below average miles.
    If it is easy to FIX miles on NCT cert - as you say. What is there left to believe? you dont believe the clock, the nct cert, then you may as well use public transport.

As with every car check it over, get a mechanic, look for paperwork, check history.
    there are numerous Threads with these answers, if you search

He's right what do you expect for 1,950 don't bother wasting their time if you're going to go with that attitude !

If you do go see it try and get the previous nct certs as they have the mileage printed on them

• Registered Users Posts: 8 glenmore buck

http://www.herald.ie/national-news/garage-sold--crashed-car-unfit-for-road-2060905.html

Bought a car off the same guy but for more money, been nothing but hassle dealing with them, only seen the link above after the car was bought. my advice to anyone is to stay away from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

You check that the car has a full service history and then ring the garages who stamped the book to confirm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 glenmore buck

I was pretty stupid, when i went to view the car it was an english reg so i just paid for the online AA check to make sure it wasn't stolen etc and it came back ok. So have no service history, pretty sure it was involved in a crash though, seen weld marks around the boot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

Reading the Herald article, if that's their attitude to their customers and the courts, I would steer well clear and not waste my time or money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lil dude

well were do i start bought a car from this garage in october 2009!!!!! I was very surprised to see the article that was wrote about them.i paid 2700 for a 2000 w golf the car had a full service history with only two owner's i got a 3 mnt warrenty with the car when i bought it but thankfully i did not have to use it there was one problem with the wipers on the car but i phoned them and they had the car back and repaired with in a day!!!! since then a friend has since bought car from them and hasnt had any problems either!!! i know the article would dis hearting you but dont belive everything you read go see for yourself there not as bad as there made out to be !!!!!! when looking to get a new car (when i can afford it) will call in to see whats available

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,466 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

lil dude wrote: »
    well were do i start bought a car from this garage in october 2009!!!!! I was very surprised to see the article that was wrote about them.i paid 2700 for a 2000 w golf the car had a full service history with only two owner's i got a 3 mnt warrenty with the car when i bought it but thankfully i did not have to use it there was one problem with the wipers on the car but i phoned them and they had the car back and repaired with in a day!!!! since then a friend has since bought car from them and hasnt had any problems either!!! i know the article would dis hearting you but dont belive everything you read go see for yourself there not as bad as there made out to be !!!!!! when looking to get a new car (when i can afford it) will call in to see whats available

^^

Mr spawell has joined boards I guess

Advertisement