Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rugby Betting thread

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

Theres been alot of talk about tiredness in the SA camp and people saying alot of their players have played too many games this season. They rely more on physical domination then most teams so that along with a few niggly injuries and it takes away thier edge. They also havn't beaten Ireland in Ireland for a while with Ireland winning the last few matches.

They will be up for this match though because most of the Irish players were with the Lions and I expect there could be some fireworks on the pitch. :D

Ireland will have improved from the Aussis game and play with a more solid scrum and compete better at the breakdown. How much of an improvment is yet to be seen.

I'll wait to see the teams before I do any bets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 168 ✭✭whocares86

I am just wondering what odds you will get on Ireland & Wales & France all winning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭IH77

whocares86 wrote: »
    I am just wondering what odds you will get on Ireland & Wales & France all winning

On Betfair it is paying 17/2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 89 ✭✭makker

Ireland vs. South Africa

Just looking at oddschecker last night and there were some bookies going 10\11 on either Ireland or South Africa to win.

As much as I hate to bet against Ireland my head is telling me South Africa are going to win

I think that they will dominate the scrum, will probably steal some of our lineout ball, and Brussow could have a fruitful day stealing a lot of ball at the ruck.

Obviously there are areas in the park where we are better than them but up front I think they have the edge and that is where most games are won or lost

I hope I'm proved incorrect as would love to see Ireland win but 10\11 for the Boxs to win seems overpriced

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Ya I fancy SA and NZ are also a good price at around 8-11. Nice double SA and NZ

Australia are good value against Wales. They'll really be up for this and have easily the more talented team. Wales are at home but I expect the Aussies to win. Ryan Jones will miss the match due to injury.

France beat NZ in NZ and will be fresher this weekend. I think France will win although I wouldn't bet on France.
    makker wrote: »
    Ireland vs. South Africa

Just looking at oddschecker last night and there were some bookies going 10\11 on either Ireland or South Africa to win.

As much as I hate to bet against Ireland my head is telling me South Africa are going to win

I think that they will dominate the scrum, will probably steal some of our lineout ball, and Brussow could have a fruitful day stealing a lot of ball at the ruck.

Obviously there are areas in the park where we are better than them but up front I think they have the edge and that is where most games are won or lost

I hope I'm proved incorrect as would love to see Ireland win but 10\11 for the Boxs to win seems overpriced

I agee. Ireland will have to play brilliantly to win and really tear into the Boks. It'll be hard and looks like a Bok win by a few points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

I fancy us Irish to get the better of SA & I'm backing them to win the match & both halves at 7/4.....wales will beat aussie's by about 5pts & the french will win a tight game against NZ, a northern hemisphere treble get on!!!!!!!!!!!!

Botha is out for the Boks. Definetly gives us a better chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

thinking of going for the 45/1 double:

Ireland to draw 20/1
    Australia (-3) 6/5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Bump!

Is there a better thread for this now? Looking at New Zealand -5.0 @ 10/11 today....easy money...right??

Edit: Wow, it actually came through, what a finish!

Advertisement