Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need splitter for 2 screens!!!

Options
  • 12-09-2009 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Could anyone point me in the right direction towards finding out where i could purchase a omni viewer splitter for a pc please??

I have tried Harvey Normans and Pc World to no avail...

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭mocata

ebay ftw, have bought a view VGA splitters from there with no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

Are you sure you know what you need? Most graphics cards have two outputs, so you shouldn't need a splitter. Most have one VGA output, and one other one, so you usually just need a adapter (should just be a few euros), assuming both your monitors are vga

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭blaaah

Are you sure you know what you need? Most graphics cards have two outputs, so you shouldn't need a splitter. Most have one VGA output, and one other one, so you usually just need a adapter (should just be a few euros), assuming both your monitors are vga

Thanks for replying

Yes both my monitors are vga, but my graphics cards has only one output... Therefore i was told i would need a splitter!??....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭aidankk

Youll get a graphics car with 2 outputs, for Feck all.. That will be yer best option, just get any ATI card with a DVI and VGA output..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 eamonngilroy

I was in your position and got the two monitors up and going but very soon after i felt that i really needed three monitors so basically what i'm saying is don't spend too much until you are sure that you will not need or want three monitors.
    If you do go down the three monitor road i can highly reccomend the Matrox-Graphics-Triplehead2Go available from Amazon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭mocata

Yeah those matrox triple head are very good. And he is right, u can have one main monitor directly in front of u, and 1 on each side. Looks more natural than desktop split in half.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭blaaah

aidankk wrote: »
    Youll get a graphics car with 2 outputs, for Feck all.. That will be yer best option, just get any ATI card with a DVI and VGA output..

Yes, that sounds like better idea and would they be easily bought in pc world or harvey normans??

cheers!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I have a Belkin OmniView™ ExpandView™ Series 4-Port Video Splitter that I've been meaning to sell for some time.

It's never been used (well once to see that it worked).

I'm not even sure if you can run 3+ monitor setups or if it just duplicates what is on the original screen only.

Advertisement