Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metro North - what's Happening?

Options
  • 12-09-2009 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

Does anyone know what the craic is with Metro North? Been looking at Transport 21 website and RPA website and from what i can make out there's not been much progress lately.

Is it still due to be completed by 2013 as was stated in 2008 (by Noel Dempsey i think) and when exactly do they intend to break ground?

Has anyone heard if the current economic situation has stalled the process?

Also does anyone know where i can find that media thing showing the stations etc)? it was like a little animated film going from St Stephens Green trough to O'Connell St etc - it used to be on the Transport 21 website but i can't find it any more.

Cheers
    DrF.

Gonna pop this pos on North Dublin Thread too ;-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭whatnext

http://www.etenders.gov.ie/search/show/search_view.aspx?ID=SEP126815

this is the latest tender that has been awarded. and it is a study examining station locations.. so a long way to go

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭DrFroggies

whatnext wrote: »
    http://www.etenders.gov.ie/search/show/search_view.aspx?ID=SEP126815

this is the latest tender that has been awarded. and it is a study examining station locations.. so a long way to go

Thanks mate...it really does seem like there's a long way to go. There's no way they're gonna be able to deliver this by 2013 at this rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭ihatewallies

If you're referring to 2013 then you've been paying no attention whatsoever to what is going on. The 2013 date disappeared about 2 years ago.
    It's a bit misleading to say they're still only looking at stations locations.
    This tender is in relation to a specific query from ABP about an alternative to the designed station at DCU. It is not a big job.
    PP is still expected to clear all hurdles (inc appeals) in the 1st quarter 2010 with construction starting very shortly after that. Amateur transport economists and general amateur economists think it is in doubt but the political will is determined to go ahead. It will in effect cost nothing until construction is completed in 2016 - the capital being by raised by the chosen consortium (with cooperation from the EIB) and construction costs at a very low level.

Advertisement