Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help with accessing wi-fi on Samsung jet

• 12-09-2009 2:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Howdy all. Not a very techy person so seeking some guidance.

I am attempting to hook up a samsung jet to the broadband in the house. When I go to the wi-fi screen I can see user name has been picke up. However I cannot find how to input the necessary codes and passwords to enable me connect to the house broadband.

Anyone know how?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭h2s

when you say user name, I presume you mean the SSID?

If so you select the Access Point by tapping it on the screen and you get an option to save the details of the access point. At this point if required you enter the network key - WPA, WEP, etc....

Once you have saved the connection you then should proceed to the main menu and select settings and from there to application settings. Here you select browser profiles, at this point select you new wifi connection to set it as the default for browsing. This ensures that you do not use the phone's 3g for browsing.

Now each time you wish to connect to you wifi, either start the browser, and the connection will be made automatically, or turn on the WIFI, select the AP and choose connect from the shortcut menu and then browse.

Hope this helps.

Advertisement