Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Burnley

13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

All over, are we still out of the title race after this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

mike65 wrote: »
    Drop Torres? Another smart (near) assist from Voronin there

lol, you put the crow on him Mike, he really should have done better in his one on one.
    Agreed though he's shown a nice touch since he came on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Benni - Outstanding.
    Degen - Not too bad, no defensive duties, but looked okay going forward.
    Voronin - Some great link up play, could have had a hatrick of assists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

and another brilliant performance from Johnson.

Lucas did very well again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

Thats better. Good performance. Good result. And a Benni hat-trick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭shotamoose

Voronin - Some great link up play, could have had a hatrick of assists.

And not for the first time this season. He may come in very handy against teams that park the bus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

Fantastic performance from Lucas yet again. Great to see good young players like himself and Insua get the chance to prove their worth over the season. Fair play Rafa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Melion wrote: »
    All over, are we still out of the title race after this?

the way chelsea are getting results, yes, everyone else is playing for second place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

rossie1977 wrote: »
    the way chelsea are getting results, yes, everyone else is playing for second place

Come on they won 5 games in a row, no record is it? there are still another 33 games to go... :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Nothing is won in September except player/manager of the month awards.

Chelsea will be screwed come African Cup of Nations when they will lose Drogba, Obi Mikel, Essien and Kalou especially because they can't buy anyone for a while.

They aren't even allowed to recall their season-long loan players under the transfer ban

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Good point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭1967

Today was a comfortable run in the park always looked lively and could have scored more especially when you consider torres did not get a sniff,although if it showed anything today it is our distinct lack of quality on the bench voronin degen ngog are not match winners

thought Voronin & Degan did very well when they came on.

Good win today, very easy after the first went in tbh.

Good to see us winning these types of games easily this season.

Delighted for Yossi. As I said before the season started, he's gonna be a massive player for us this season.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    thought Voronin & Degan did very well when they came on.

outside missing that goal one on one with the burnley keeper he did fine, great vision once or twice

set up 3 or four great chances in his short time on the pitch.

ffs.

Worst post of the day.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    ffs.

Worst post of the day.

do i get a prize??

if this was utd winning games playing nowhere near top gear, coming back to win despite being down in most games, scoring injury time winners, the media and bookies would shut up shop, chelsea first five games of this season remind me of joses first five at chelsea, they are already 9 points ahead of arsenal so already one challenger is facing a mountain of a task to catch them, another lost 2 of their first 3

do i get a prize??

if this was utd winning games playing nowhere near top gear, coming back to win despite being down in most games, scoring injury time winners, the media and bookies would shut up shop, chelsea first five games of this season remind me of joses first five at chelsea, they are already 9 points ahead of arsenal so already one challenger is facing a mountain of a task to catch them, another lost 2 of their first 3

No prize I'm afraid.

33 games to play, chelsea's first 5 on paper always looked winnable.

They have some tougher fixtures coming up including us.

The league looks pretty interesting this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

chelsea had a great start last year aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Chelsea were on a very good home run last season before the pool played them. Then they lost their momentum. But they are a resilient lot. Not great on the eye but they don't give up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

I'll be shocked if Chelsea are in with a shout of the title come May.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,432 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Bandit12 wrote: »
    I'll be shocked if Chelsea are in with a shout of the title come May.

:eek: :rolleyes: What!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭1967

Alot will tell on chelsea when the africa nations kicks in as at this moment in time they cant bring in new signings or replacements so they may struggle in the new year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

If my mind serves me correctly Chelsea also had a great start last season under Scolari, and we all know how that ended up. ;) I reckon Chelsea will be up there jostling for the title come May but to say they are running away it at this stage is a tad OTT.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Stat of the match - 10 Liverpool players including subs had a shot at goal.

Everyshot was within an arc of about 40 degrees width in front of goal with shot bias towards the right of centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Yes as a previous poster says Chelsea have a lot of players on African Nations duty and clearly they will struggle without Drogba. He is carrying that team for most part at the moment. Re Burnley game, Lucas definitely improving and great display from Benny. First goal was class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Shred

Was at this yesterday, shaky start but comfortable after the first went in and should really have been more. Not complaining though as after the start Liverpool have had in the league it was difficult to know what the outcome would be before hand. However, anyone (except those with an agenda) who is writing any team off or claiming X team is going to run away with it after 5 league games is on drugs. Having said that I did meet a bloke from Dublin in The Park after who said "great result even though the league is over..." FFS!

Advertisement