Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

samsung TV - green lines

• 12-09-2009 2:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭

I bought my Dad a 26inch Samsung in September 06, but there about 4 weeks ago vertical green lines started to appear to the left of the screen. Does anyone know if this is an easy problem to fix?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

shnaek wrote: »
    I bought my Dad a 26inch Samsung in September 06, but there about 4 weeks ago vertical green lines started to appear to the left of the screen. Does anyone know if this is an easy problem to fix?

That happened to a Sony 32V2000 I have 11 months after I bought it (one green vertical line on the left). I bought it in October 06, so there's a link there. There was only a 12 month guarantee at the time with Sony, so I was lucky.........not sure about Samsung.

Sent it back to the vendor and received it back fixed (was expecting replacement). I bought it on the web and it took 10 weeks to replace, but I suppose that's a separate issue.

It's been perfect ever since.

Not sure, but I think Samsung and Sony use the same LCD screens? Maybe someone can confirm this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭shnaek

Yeah, it's out of warranty alright. I rang Samsung but they gave me the run around putting me on to a private crowd in Cork. I'll give them a shout, but I'm thinking it may cost too much to fix. Got a call too from a mate looking to buy a 32 inch tv - Samsung or LG. Had to tell her that Samsung are dodgy. A 2year 11 month lifespan is a bit kak to say the least.

Advertisement