Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying land with planning permission

• 12-09-2009 2:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine is looking into buying a site with planning permission, but she doesn't like the shape or size of the house which has planning permission and would like to change the design and make the house smaller.
    Would this cause her a lot of headaches if she were to buy the land?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,408 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I wouldnt think she would have any problems providing she can demonstrate a bona fide need for a house if its in a rural location which is most likely conditioned on the existing permission.

She will have to make an application for permission for change of house type but if she is down scaling then there shouldnt really be a problem. Tell her to get a good architectural technician in the area and they will advise accordingly.

Just to note that she should buy "subject to planning" if its possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭shnaek

Cheers for that, muffler. I passed the info on to her. The site itself is in a city.

Advertisement