Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City v Arsenal (Match Thread Warning #322)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Almost forgot this one -

_46367397_adebayorb466.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

didn't realise city's first goal was offside too

Really good pic from the official site -

Ade.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

ntlbell wrote: »
    didn't realise city's first goal was offside too

Ye would be laughing if Rooney could figure out how to get away with scoring from an offside position:D since he spent a lot of time there today!!!
    Hopefully Ade can give him a lesson in it next week;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Van Persie pulls no punches. In fairness he has not exactly been an angel himself in the past.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=675641&sec=england&cc=5739
    "I am sad and disappointed by my former team-mate Emmanuel Adebayor's mindless and malicious stamp on me,'' said Van Persie. "He set out to hurt me and I feel lucky that I have not suffered a greater injury. The contact was only centimetres from my eye.
    "I knew he was aiming for a collision because he changed the angle of his body to allow contact to be made. He moved backwards when his natural momentum would have taken him forward. I find that deeply disrespectful.''

"We are both professional footballers and I know that the game is physical. I, too, have made hard and sometimes mis-timed challenges but never with the intention of hurting an opponent,'' he continued.

"I have not received an apology from him, there were no words exchanged afterwards. He had his own agenda today and that is bad for football. It's bad for the game we all love.

"He has shown a real lack of class today, to me and the fans. We do not hide from the disappointment of losing the match but I need to speak out about his behaviour.''

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Van Persie pulls no punches. In fairness he has not exactly been an angel himself in the past.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=675641&sec=england&cc=5739

true but ade was fair dirty with that stamp, probably worse than RVP has ever done

the ref should've sent ade off which would've result in a different game altogether

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,432 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

City fans should really be thankful to Mark Hughes for this start. He has made some truly fantastic signings and didn't just buy big name players from Spain/Italy like a lot of other managers would've. He bought proven PL class and is now reaping the benefits.

btw are Toure and Adebayor going to the ANC? Who is City's third choice CB?

For anyone who hasn't seen the kick in the head youtube below.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

For anyone who hasn't seen it. Definitely should be banned for 3 games imo

[edit] Damn, beaten!:D

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »
    true but ade was fair dirty with that stamp, probably worse than RVP has ever done

the ref should've sent ade off which would've result in a different game altogether

Ya probably worse than RvP has done. There was absolutely no call for it. I'd be surprised if he gets away with it. I don't think he would have done the same to cesc if it was cesc who was lying on the deck. wonder is there was any animosity between the 2 in the past and he took his chance ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Ya probably worse than RvP has done. There was absolutely no call for it. I'd be surprised if he gets away with it. I don't think he would have done the same to cesc if it was cesc who was lying on the deck. wonder is there was any animosity between the 2 in the past and he took his chance ?

Well yeah I'd guess so. He tried to stamp on his face so he obviously has a problem with the guy, he's still friendly with other members of the squad any why shouldn't he be?

Anyway, moronic behaviour from Adebayor all round today. The celebration, the stamp... the guy's obviously just not very smart. He's playing at the moment like he has something to prove, which is a very good thing for City. Once he secured that big contract and felt he had made it at Arsenal, he became lazy and ineffective. Mark Hughes and the rest of the City management should be doing all they can to keep his feet on the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭BobbyD10

Bad form today from Adebayor, little respect for an ex club which gave him the cash windfall he is now enjoying today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    busted a gut, anyone else wouldve stuck a finger up fron the half way line.

Probably needed to clean the blood from his boot :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

At least he apologised for his celebration but he should get banned for that horrific assault on Van Persie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

JPA wrote: »
    At least he apologised for his celebration but he should get banned for that horrific assault on Van Persie.

That apology is worthless.
    He ran for 90 meters to do what he did. More than enough time to think about what you are going to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I've only just seen "the stamp" and I do believe it was a sending off. How could the referee not have seen that?! He could have broken RVP's cheekbone. That's just not on in all fairness...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Really good pic from the official site -

That's a quality photo.

Reminds me of that one of Henry celebrating in front of the Spurs fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Awful thing he did, and normally I would be condemning a stamp like that.

But oddly, I was fine with it. Probably due to the recipient. Its like if you saw El Hadji Diouf or Cristiano Ronaldo getting beaten up. You know that its "technically" wrong, but also sort of nice to watch. :p

Van Persie is a bit of a scumbag. He's done worse himself. The statement he left on the Arsenal website is hilarious. You would think Adebayor had eaten his children.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Kirby wrote: »

But oddly, I was fine with it. Probably due to the recipient. Its like if you saw El Hadji Diouf or Cristiano Ronaldo getting beaten up. You know that its "technically" wrong, but also sort of nice to watch. :p

Van Persie is a bit of a scumbag. He's done worse himself. The statement he left on the Arsenal website is hilarious. You would think Adebayor had eaten his children.

Ridiculous thing to say. Embarrassingly ridiculous.

I always knew Adebayor wasn't exactly Mr Popular but I didn't think he was capable of something like that.

What has van Persie ever done that's worse than intentionally stamping on someones face?

• Advertisement

playa3 wrote: »
    What has van Persie ever done that's worse than intentionally stamping on someones face?

This was pretty bad...

Frisbee wrote: »
    This was pretty bad...

Not the smartest alright but not quite the same as nearly blinding someone.

He's not a nice fellow. He has kicked, spat and dived on the pitch in the past. He also cheated on his wife. Great footballer, no doubt. Still a scumbag. I'm not going to shed a tear because he got kicked in the face a bit.

playa3 wrote: »
    Not the smartest alright but not quite the same as nearly blinding someone.

Wasn't quite as bad but let's not let on RVP is an angel.

Although someone trying to say that it's not really a big deal because RVP can be a bit of a scumbag at times is ridiculous.

It's like saying it's ok to kill someone because they're a murderer.

I never said it was "okay". My sentiment was that it couldn't have happened to a nicer chap! :p

I never said it was "okay". My sentiment was that it couldn't have happened to a nicer chap! :p

Fair enough.

Diouf and Steven Taylor would be nicer chaps for me though... :pac:

Wasn't quite as bad but let's not let on RVP is an angel.

Although someone trying to say that it's not really a big deal because RVP can be a bit of a scumbag at times is ridiculous.

It's like saying it's ok to kill someone because they're a murderer.

Of course he's no angel because he has done plenty of stupid things in the past. Though he has cleared his act up in the last while i think and matured a good deal.

Your second point is essentially what I was getting at:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

He's not a nice fellow. He has kicked, spat and dived on the pitch in the past. He also cheated on his wife. Great footballer, no doubt. Still a scumbag. I'm not going to shed a tear because he got kicked in the face a bit.

Sorry but can you back these remarks up or are you just talking $hit!

Saw the first half of the match which put me to sleep. Not a great result but Arsenal will have to build now and start putting some wins together. They will still be in the top 4 come the end of the season.

Ade well Grade A idiot for a) the stamp (3 game ban there anyway!) b) running the full length of the pitch to celebrate in front of the Arsenal fans. If preceident is followed he should expect another ban there.

jank wrote: »

Well I can remember times he's kicked and dived myself.

Spitting I'm not so sure about...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Just seem the highlights there. Adebayor's behaviour was disgusting, should be a straight three game ban for that cowardly stamp and a further two game ban for inciting the crowd, it's crap like that, that's ruining 'modern' football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

This was pretty bad...

Getting pushed over or someone kicking me in the face, dunno which I'd go for.

Disappointing result, from what I've seen it seems to have just been one of those matches that could've swung either way. Christ we need to sort out the defence though, whatever about Arshavin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭Tyranax

I've only seen the highlights, but Gael Clichy, wtf? I've never seen him as bad. Diving in and getting tangled up, what the hell? Vermaelen too was dire. Song let Arsenal down badly on the second. Was it a mental thing? Arsenal had quite a lot of chances and more possession, did the defence lose their collective focus?

jank wrote: »

Which part in particular did you take umbrage with? I think most people who know the player are aware of these particular issues.

Spiting, cheating on his wife for starters.

google is your friend. Remember the dutch girl? He admitted to doing her in a hotel room.

Don't feel you have to defend everything a guy does just because he plays for your team. This has nothing to do with football....I was making the point that he's not a nice chap.

If adebayor got injured tomorrow and was out for a month,.....I can imagine the aresenal fans who threw missiles at him wouldn't be too shaken up about it after his celebration. :p Some might call it Karma. Van Persie has given more than he's gotten over the years. The victim complex is funny is all.

1ruomd.gif

Stood on his hand

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

1ruomd.gif

Stood on his hand

Caught his face and hand, didn't he have cuts to the face?

1ruomd.gif

Stood on his hand

Take off the blue shades Xavi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Caught his face and hand, didn't he have cuts to the face?

Yeah he was cut on his cheek.

Clear as daylight that it was deliberate and a reaction to the tackle from RVP. I know Van Persie is no angel himself but that doesn't matter a meg.

Think it's a bit daft too Adebayor coming out after the game trying to apologise saying "he got caught up in the emotion of it". Every professional footballer could come out and claim to be deeply sorry for whatever misdemeanor they do - reality is that it doesn't change what they do and half the time the wouldn't mean it and are only trying to get off a ban.

Has to be banned. If that was a United player, I'd be asking why he'd do something as stupid as he did (in both stamp and celebration).

1ruomd.gif

Stood on his hand

He got his face too....you can clearly see it from the other angle. Sure there was blood on his face too. Fairly obvious what he did. Thats not really up for debate.
    Has to be banned. If that was a United player, I'd be asking why he'd do something as stupid as he did (in both stamp and celebration).

Its very easy to take the moral high ground tbh. Ronaldo kicked out at 4 different players last year after the ball was gone. Proper studded kicks. The Utd fans mostly ignored it and pretended it didn't happen.....as did the refs.

Its always other teams players that people get up in arms about....never their own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

google is your friend. Remember the dutch girl? He admitted to doing her in a hotel room.

Don't feel you have to defend everything a guy does just because he plays for your team. This has nothing to do with football....I was making the point that he's not a nice chap.

If adebayor got injured tomorrow and was out for a month,.....I can imagine the aresenal fans who threw missiles at him wouldn't be too shaken up about it after his celebration. :p Some might call it Karma. Van Persie has given more than he's gotten over the years. The victim complex is funny is all.

What's the spitting incident?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

1ruomd.gif

Stood on his hand
    If you look at the video, it shows it from a different angle, he catches his face

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Its very easy to take the moral high ground tbh. Ronaldo kicked out at 4 different players last year after the ball was gone. Proper studded kicks. The Utd fans mostly ignored it and pretended it didn't happen.....as did the refs.

Its always other teams players that people get up in arms about....never their own.

I'm not taking the moral highground and I also never defended Ronaldo last year. I actually remember saying something along the lines of 'he'd want to grow up and stop acting childishly'. What exactly can you defend about kicking out?

Fair played to you then. But you were in the minority.

And I never said they tried to defend it.....they simply pretended it never happened. Like Wenger does when one of his team dives :p.

• Advertisement

1ruomd.gif

Stood on his hand

you must have missed the racking of Ades studs down his face ;) As I said he obviously doesn't like the guy. Shameful act.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I just seen that Adebayor incident on VanPersie, he has to get banned for that f*king shocking, I hope its a long long ban too what a shocking to do to an ex-teammate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Stood on his hand

Are you actually for real??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

Villain wrote: »
    I just seen that Adebayor incident on VanPersie, he has to get banned for that f*king shocking, I hope its a long long ban too what a shocking to do to an ex-teammate
    Much ado about nothing if you ask me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

just seen on ssn that the FA are going to investigate the 2 matters

he should be banned for a couple of games for those incidents

anything lighter and it'll be a joke

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement