Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City v Arsenal (Match Thread Warning #322)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Xavi6 wrote: »

Stood on his hand

face palm for this post

you must of miss the cut on RVP face :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Bandit12 wrote: »
    Much ado about nothing if you ask me.

So now stamping on someones face is "much ado about nothing" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

The celebration thing is a joke. You cannot legislate celebrations. He didn't karate kick a fan. He didn't enter the stands. He didn't make obscene gestures. He ran 80 yards and slid on his knees. If that upset the arsenal fans, too bad.

If its in the rules for the fans to rag on the players and make chants about them.......the players should be aloud to do the same. Besides, too little is being made of the arsenal fans reactions. They threw missiles. They even threw a chair.

As for the kick, I'd say he is looking at a 3 match ban. A kick is a kick. I doubt he will escape punishment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

Seemingly a steward got concussion after something was thrown during the incident. I hope they throw the book at Adebayor. He's a "try something else" with an Ego bigger than the club

• Subscribers Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

the studs went pretty close to the eye, nasty enough attempt. Wouldn't be surprised if he got 6 matches, 3 for the incitement (stewards injured because of it) and 3 for what should have been a red for violent conduct.

Man City will likely get in early with a big fine for him to try and head it off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

flanzer wrote: »
    Seemingly a steward got concussion after something was thrown during the incident. I hope they throw the book at Adebayor. He's a "try something else" with an Ego bigger than the club

:confused: Plonker that he may be, he didn't throw anything. The fans did. The book should be thrown at them.

You can't excuse hooliganism by claiming you were provoked. If you make a funny face at me.....it doesn't give me cart blanche to hit you.

Clearly Adebayor's sliding knee celebration insulted the ancient tradition of the gunners and warranted a bout of missile throwing :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

My guess is 3 games for the kick in the face as it would have gotten a straight red had the ref seen it. Probably a fine and warning about future conduct for celebration going by past judgements.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/8252803.stm
    FA chief Ian Watmore told BBC Sport: "I was unimpressed because of the problems between the Arsenal fans and Adebayor.

"We'll look at it on Monday and then bring it to the disciplinary process."
    Adebayor escaped punishment on the pitch following the Van Persie incident, although he was booked for his inflammatory goal celebration.
    Watmore would not be drawn on the possible length of any ban Adebayor could face.
    o.gif
    "I thought the stewards did a great job of calming the situation down and it was to Manchester City's credit nothing worse happened," Watmore told BBC radio 5 live's Sportsweek programme.
    "Our governance team will take a good look at both of the incidents that have been highlighted and will come to the media with the answers early next week.

"The punishments are the decision of the individual commission, if we get that far."

article-1213069-0666CAE6000005DC-670_468x503.jpg

so much for just his hand :rolleyes:

Kirby wrote: »
    :confused: Plonker that he may be, he didn't throw anything. The fans did. The book should be thrown at them.

You can't excuse hooliganism by claiming you were provoked. If you make a funny face at me.....it doesn't give me cart blanche to hit you.

Clearly Adebayor's sliding knee celebration insulted the ancient tradition of the gunners and warranted a bout of missile throwing :p

The police will go nuts with City and the FA over it. They'll have to take action. This has all happened before and all players and managers are aware its not allowed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Incitement is a an offence, problem is the ref gave him a yellow for that so not sure the FA can do any more, the stamp wasn't punished by the ref so they do what they like with that one.

The celebration was stupid and could have caused serious issues for the stewards but you could someone maybe explain that as heat of the moment etc, what you can't explain is stamping on a players face that has no place in soccer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Why was he booked for his celebration? He stayed on the pitch and didn't take off his jersey.

I'm not saying what he did was clever, but was it bookable?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,175 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I think he went OTT. Dead right to be booked for taunting the fans. And as for stamping, 2 games off wouldn't do him any harm. There's no place for that kind of play on any pitch.

The stamp looked bad from one of the angles.

I doubt they will do anything about the celebration though? A slap on the wrist for that I'd imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Embarrassing defense of Adeboyor from City fans in this thread. I've just watched the incident again on goals on sunday and it was a deliberate raking of studs across RVP's face. Throw in to the mix his shameful length of the pitch run to incite the Arsenal fans and he emerges as a classless, egotistical clown.
    I hope he gets a three match ban but the chances of that are extremely slim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,804 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Yeah, it was a disgrace from Ade yesterday.
    The stamp, was a stamp, and running over to the fans was plain childish. The behaviour of the fans left a lot to be desired also as there was no need to throw stuff at him.
    I hope he gets a 4 game ban for both incidents, similar bans have been handed out for similar incidents before.

I got to say, this guy is epitomizes everything that is wrong with professional footballers these days.

I have to say also, despite all else that happened most of the Arsenal players shook his hand, big hugs for him after the match also. They shouldnt have done that after what he has said, and his recent actions, if they had any respect for those that pay their wages.
    It just shows the gulf between fans and players, and the increasing attitude that its just a highly paid job and not really that much to do with the passion and pride of playing for a club anymore. A sad state of affairs.

In relation to the match, City show they have potential to do well this year but I doubt it'll be this season they win anything major. They need another summer of outspending their rivals by 2-1, after that they will be able attract bigger players, and win major trophies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

1ruomd.gif

Stood on his hand

You are without a doubt the most biased, one sided fan on this form. And that is some achievement.

1ruomd.gif

Stood on his hand

Ah man come on. I know given the fact that City are trying to buy success and you've supported them your whole life through the absolute cr@p that you feel that you need to defend them, and fair enough, but pick your battles.

You wanna ride the Citeh bandwagon and try to justify this then ok, but you can't seriously claim he missed his face. RVPs face was covered in blood. He raked his studs down his face. It was an incredibly cowardly thing to do. Kicking a man while he's down is the ultimate spineless act.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

1ruomd.gif

Stood on his hand

I think he wanted to stamp on his hand, and obviously caught his face on the way down too, i think he didn't mean to catch his face, his movements after that suggest that to me to. However there was definite intent to injure the player in some way, he should be handed a ban, which is a shame really because some of his play today was mesmorising.

kippy wrote: »
    Yeah, it was a disgrace from Ade yesterday.
    The stamp, was a stamp, and running over to the fans was plain childish. The behaviour of the fans left a lot to be desired also as there was no need to throw stuff at him.
    I hope he gets a 4 game ban for both incidents, similar bans have been handed out for similar incidents before.

4 game ban for the stamp. A fine for the celebration. Gary Neville got a fine for it (and rightly so) so I doubt he'll get more, though since he made such a great impression of himself yesterday you wouldn't know. Michael Essien got that for stamping on Alonso so I'd be very suprised if he doesn't get a ban.

Re the celebrating in front of opposition fans, it's silly for sure, but it's understandable I guess in the heat of the moment IF YOU SCORE INTO THE END WHERE THEY ARE. Fowler did it to United fans, Rooney to Liverpool fans, Henry to Everton fans etc. But this was different because he ran 70 odd yards to do it. Highly unprofessional.
    I got to say, this guy is epitomizes everything that is wrong with professional footballers these days.

Absolutely. He's a despicable character IMO. I've always thought that about him given his attitude at Arsenal, but yesterday compounded it for me. Showed the coward/bully element of his personality by kicking a guy who was on the ground with studded boots. He's VERY lucky he didn't hit the eye.
    I have to say also, despite all else that happened most of the Arsenal players shook his hand, big hugs for him after the match also. They shouldnt have done that after what he has said, and his recent actions, if they had any respect for those that pay their wages.
    It just shows the gulf between fans and players, and the increasing attitude that its just a highly paid job and not really that much to do with the passion and pride of playing for a club anymore. A sad state of affairs.

Unfortunately you have to account for the fact that a lot of thos eplayers are personal friends with the guy. You stand by your friends. Which actually makes the stamp on RVP that bit worse.
    In relation to the match, City show they have potential to do well this year but I doubt it'll be this season they win anything major. They need another summer of outspending their rivals by 2-1, after that they will be able attract bigger players, and win major trophies.

I do think yesterday had an element to it of "cup final". City want to be taken seriously as a "top 4" team and this was their first game of the season to a top 4 team, at home, and to add extra spice, there was tension between the fans due to the Adebayor/Touré summer dealings. If they keep this up then great, but even their customary game raising against United next week will be expected, its if they do this to Liverpool and Chelsea as well that people will probably take more notice. I do think though that they have a good chance of finsihing 4th.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Ah man come on. I know given the fact that City are trying to buy success and you've supported them your whole life through the absolute cr@p that you feel that you need to defend them, and fair enough, but pick your battles.

You wanna ride the Citeh bandwagon and try to justify this then ok, but you can't seriously claim he missed his face. RVPs face was covered in blood. He raked his studs down his face. It was an incredibly cowardly thing to do. Kicking a man while he's down is the ultimate spineless act.

ffs, you're right.

The very fact that Xavi is even defending that is laughable. His credibility is taking a knock.

I'm just after showing my OH that video, and we watched it last night in MotD too.

Her verdict?

"That looks quite deliberate to me" - and she hasn't a clue about football. That says it all imo. If a total neutral can see it, she didn't even know what clubs were playing in that match.

She also thought Bellamy got a good goal btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

Man all this hand wringing makes me puke

I thought "fair play to him" when he celebrated in front of the arsenal fans, same as when Neville did it to the pool fans, same when Henry did it to the Spurs fans. I'd like to see any of you moral proselytisers take abuse for 75 minutes and then not poke a bit of fun back at your abusers?

"Disgrace" "Shameful" ha ha - doesn't take much to rile up the reactionary masses. Add your cries of "foul" to your dissaproving clucking about money ruining the game, Eduardo's diving blah blah yawn yawn.

The "stamp" - well, it seemed bad - I'm sure the FA will as usual take their cue from the media. It's possible he will get away with it - indeed, it's even possible (although improbable) that it wasn't intentional. Even so, I hardly think it's something to get your saintly little knickers in a twist about. Rooney's famous stamp on the Aalborg player, Gerrard's much publicised stamp on Kevin Nolan... heaven's preserve us whatever will we do!!

There's an element of strong physical contact in the game, there's a high level of competitive emotion. Dangerous tackles/vindictive fouling should indeed be censured - but actions taken after a game should be 100% clear in process and not based on media campaigns deliberately ignited through a club's own website, as RVP's whining statement so clearly is.

Edit: As for Xavi, I'm pretty sure it was a joke :) I certainly laughed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

I just can't wait for the return fixture....if ever a game was gonna have a bit of needle in it...

Adebayor could give Usain Bolt a run for his money after that sprint!! :eek:

copacetic wrote: »
    the studs went pretty close to the eye, nasty enough attempt. Wouldn't be surprised if he got 6 matches, 3 for the incitement (stewards injured because of it) and 3 for what should have been a red for violent conduct.

3 matches for the celebration? :pac: Seriously, I've read some rubbish in my time, that's way up there.

I agree with you for the stamp.
    Des wrote: »
    ffs, you're right.

The very fact that Xavi is even defending that is laughable. His credibility is taking a knock.

I'm just after showing my OH that video, and we watched it last night in MotD too.

Her verdict?

"That looks quite deliberate to me" - and she hasn't a clue about football. That says it all imo. If a total neutral can see it, she didn't even know what clubs were playing in that match.

She also thought Bellamy got a good goal btw.

I haven't got to the stage yet where I can watch the highlights with the O/H.

I'm not sure I ever want to either ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

What he did was disgraceful and should indeed get quite a long ban for both incidents. It is a reflection on the character of the man. What a sleazeball, especially to do it to one of his former team mates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Sweet, that's a 3 game ban for Ade, don't care about the celebrations but if someone did that to a City player, Xavi would be up in arms.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Kirby wrote: »
    google is your friend. Remember the dutch girl? He admitted to doing her in a hotel room.

Don't feel you have to defend everything a guy does just because he plays for your team. This has nothing to do with football....I was making the point that he's not a nice chap.

If adebayor got injured tomorrow and was out for a month,.....I can imagine the aresenal fans who threw missiles at him wouldn't be too shaken up about it after his celebration. :p Some might call it Karma. Van Persie has given more than he's gotten over the years. The victim complex is funny is all.

Of course everything on the Internet is real and true sure!:pac::rolleyes:

Man all this hand wringing makes me puke

I thought "fair play to him" when he celebrated in front of the arsenal fans, same as when Neville did it to the pool fans, same when Henry did it to the Spurs fans. I'd like to see any of you moral proselytisers take abuse for 75 minutes and then not poke a bit of fun back at your abusers?

"Disgrace" "Shameful" ha ha - doesn't take much to rile up the reactionary masses. Add your cries of "foul" to your dissaproving clucking about money ruining the game, Eduardo's diving blah blah yawn yawn.

The "stamp" - well, it seemed bad - I'm sure the FA will as usual take their cue from the media. It's possible he will get away with it - indeed, it's even possible (although improbable) that it wasn't intentional. Even so, I hardly think it's something to get your saintly little knickers in a twist about. Rooney's famous stamp on the Aalborg player, Gerrard's much publicised stamp on Kevin Nolan... heaven's preserve us whatever will we do!!

There's an element of strong physical contact in the game, there's a high level of competitive emotion. Dangerous tackles/vindictive fouling should indeed be censured - but actions taken after a game should be 100% clear in process and not based on media campaigns deliberately ignited through a club's own website, as RVP's whining statement so clearly is.

1. His "abusers" (the guys he never really respected despite them paying his wages), are numbered in the thousands. Riling them up like that could lead to issues with crowd control and more serious consequences. Had he scored in the same end as they were then okay but to make such a point of it was pure lunacy.
    2. No matter who stamps, Rooney, Gerrard, it doesnt really matter. The one we are talking about is his one. To suggest that because other players do it and dont get the same press, hence he should be "allowed" do it, is to suggest that rules are irrelevant. Stamping is a dirty dirty act and players who get past vast sums of money and whom many youngsters look up to, should be highly penalized for it. Anyone who disagrees with that has their priorities mixed up.
    3. The Arsenal players shaking hands with him, basically highlights the joke that PL players are making of the people who pay their wages. end. of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Villain wrote: »
    Are you actually for real??

He did stand on his hand. I never said he didn't do anything else.
    Headshot wrote: »
    just seen on ssn that the FA are going to investigate the 2 matters

he should be banned for a couple of games for those incidents

anything lighter and it'll be a joke

You're just worried about next week and want him to be suspended ;)
    Aidric wrote: »
    Embarrassing defense of Adeboyor from City fans in this thread.

Show me a post that defended it, as in actually said it was ok
    You are without a doubt the most biased, one sided fan on this form. And that is some achievement.

Lol bollox, but cheers for the vote of confidence.
    Des wrote: »

Again, where is this post that said what he did was ok?

At least someone doesn't have their knickers in a twist.

He will be banned for the stamp, and that's fine, but there should be nothing done about the celebration because it was already dealt with by the referee. Double jeopardy and all that.

Worst thing is it lets United off the hook not having to play him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Villain wrote: »
    Are you actually for real??

Don't mind him, he is just trying to wind people up and doing a good job at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

3. The Arsenal players shaking hands with him, basically highlights the joke that PL players are making of the people who pay their wages. end. of.

Actually, apparently Van Persie went to the arsenal fans and mouthed 'that guy is a wanker' pointing towards Adebayor:pac:

Think it was mainly Eboue that went to him after the match, though i may be wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

1. His "abusers" (the guys he never really respected despite them paying his wages), are numbered in the thousands. Riling them up like that could lead to issues with crowd control and more serious consequences. Had he scored in the same end as they were then okay but to make such a point of it was pure lunacy.
    2. No matter who stamps, Rooney, Gerrard, it doesnt really matter. The one we are talking about is his one. To suggest that because other players do it and dont get the same press, hence he should be "allowed" do it, is to suggest that rules are irrelevant. Stamping is a dirty dirty act and players who get past vast sums of money and whom many youngsters look up to, should be highly penalized for it. Anyone who disagrees with that has their priorities mixed up.
    scoring a goal riles people up - holding hands to ears at away grounds "winds up" - I'm saying it's not worth getting particularly excited about and certainly not worthy of a ban or hanging or some of the other reactioanry bollox

Regarding stamping, I never said it was ok - in fact i said he will probably be banned and went on to say that stamping should not be condoned - I'm saying let's not all freak out like he's eaten children

I dont know what you're trying to say in your last point. Perhaps you watch football as some sort of moral or social barometer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

1ruomd.gif

Stood on his hand

No chance that anyone can see that as you claim you did. I see your post as a piss poor attempt at trolling. And you are the moderator of this board :rolleyes:

scoring a goal riles people up - holding hands to ears at away grounds "winds up" - I'm saying it's not worth getting particularly excited about and certainly not worthy of a ban or hanging or some of the other reactioanry bollox

Regarding stamping, I never said it was ok - in fact i said he will probably be banned and went on to say that stamping should not be condoned - I'm saying let's not all freak out like he's eaten children

I dont know what you're trying to say in your last point. Perhaps you watch football as some sort of moral or social barometer?
    So would you prefer to see players going to opposition fans (or perhaps players, that would really ramp things up) on a constant basis to "give them stick" when they score?
    What he did was provoke, in a very obvious manner, opposing fans when there was NO NEED to.

No one is "freaking out", just pointing out that what he did was a blatant stamp that the ref didnt spot, but that the majority of fans would hope to see him punished for.

My last point is as tied in with the first. Do certain players really give a toss for the club/fans at all?
    Its pretty important as I wouldnt like to support a club, spend my time and money following them, to see the players dont really give a **** about the club or the fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

He did stand on his hand. I never said he didn't do anything else.

You're just worried about next week and want him to be suspended ;)

Show me a post that defended it, as in actually said it was ok

Lol bollox, but cheers for the vote of confidence.

Again, where is this post that said what he did was ok?

At least someone doesn't have their knickers in a twist.

He will be banned for the stamp, and that's fine, but there should be nothing done about the celebration because it was already dealt with by the referee. Double jeopardy and all that.

Worst thing is it lets United off the hook not having to play him.

I personally feel he should have been sent off for the celebration but you are right, the ref dealt with it and now he should not be punished a second time, however lightly he did get off.
    I presume his suspension won't be kicking in immediately will it? It will be a big loss next week missing Ade, Robinho and the alleged british transfer record Tevez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Lol, trolling?!

I don't see Xavi trying to defending or deny that Adebayor caught his face, just pointing out that he stood on his hand?

Maybe Xavi means Ade had intended to stand on his hand, but caught his head in the process, who knows.

Don't see trolling or any defense of what he did in that remark.

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    No chance that anyone can see that as you claim you did. I see your post as a piss poor attempt at trolling. And you are the moderator of this board :rolleyes:

Trolling?! Did he or did he not stand on his hand? Because that's all I said.

And yes I am a moderator. Well spotted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

I dont think he should receave any punisment for the celebration, even if it was classless doing it to his former club. Book should be thrown at him for the stamp.

Some people are going on ridiclous about the arsenal players shaking his hand, they are not going to instantly hate a player they have worked with for years just cause he left for a diffrent team.

I would not be offended if a Utd player shook tevez's hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

1ruomd.gif

Stood on his hand

I agree, Mind you he had good look first to make sure he knew where the hand was to make and sure he didin't miss. It's as blatent a stamp as you will ever see.

As for his goal celebration , In general fans that get irate about players celebrating goals should stay at home , however if a former player runs the length of a pitch to celebrate in front of his former teams fans he's acting the bollix big time.

Poor AL will be disappointed to lose his title.;)

The Muppet wrote: »
    I agree, Mind you he had good look first to make sure he knew where the hand was to make and sure he didin't miss. It's as blatent a stamp as you will everfy see.

And this is it in a nutshell. It was intentional, and he will be banned for it, but there's no way even the filthiest of player would go stamping on someone's face in a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Poor AL will be disappointed to lose his title.;)

Damn you, you got there before me!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

if that was outside of the match , ade would get done for GBH

Neville only got a £5k fine and a warning for celebrating in front of the Liverpool fans, I wonder if ntlbell thinks he was a disgrace to the game for doing that.

So my guess for this Ade will be a 3 match ban for the stamp and a £20k fine for celebrations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Why not pm him and ask?
    RasTa wrote: »
    Neville only got a £5k fine and a warning for celebrating in front of the Liverpool fans, I wonder if ntlbell thinks he was a disgrace to the game for doing that.

And this is it in a nutshell. It was intentional, and he will be banned for it, but there's no way even the filthiest of player would go stamping on someone's face in a game.

or so you would have thought, there is an angle that shows he adjusted his studs to rake them down his face. It was deliberate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

So my guess for this Ade will be a 3 match ban for the stamp and a £20k fine for celebrations.

I have no problem with players celebrating in front of opposing fans.

as the muppet pointed out what i have a problem with is running the full length of the pitch in order to get to them to do it.

also gary didn't play for liverpool they're our biggest rival's ade played for arsenal last year they were HIS fans

if you're going to compare then match like for like or kindly button it.

Some good fan footage of the celebration. You can see it all kicking off -

On a side note, if the celebration is looked at under some precedent then they might also want to have a second view of RVP's where he runs over to the City fans shouting "Fuck off bastards".

Why not pm him and ask?

because calling someone a disgrace to the game is a pretty strong statement and I'd like him to back it up in here.

Neville was propelled to legend status when he did that to the Pool fans in my eyes, so I'd like to know his thoughts on Neville doing it and how it differs from Ade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

because calling someone a disgrace to the game is a pretty strong statement and I'd like him to back it up in here.

Neville was propelled to legend status when he did that to the Pool fans in my eyes, so I'd like to know his thoughts on Neville doing it and how it differs from Ade.

read above

ntlbell wrote: »

as the muppet pointed out what i have a problem with is running the full length of the pitch in order to get to them to do it.

how far are they allowed to run? Neville ran about 1/4 of a pitch, and he had nothing to do with the goal.

• Advertisement

ntlbell wrote: »

also gary didn't play for liverpool they're our biggest rival's ade played for arsenal last year they were HIS fans

if you're going to compare then match like for like or kindly button it.

Sorry this means nothing, you talk so much rubbish in relation to football it's embarrassing. Neville ran half the length to get to the Pool fans but because he never played for them it's ok?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement