Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freshers' Week 2009?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

994 wrote: »
    no, we also aim to bring about the liberation and perfection of the human spirit though labour, learning and love ... after fresher's week though.
    And drinking. Labour, learning, love and drinking.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

Raphael wrote: »
    Labour, learning, love and drinking.

And not necessarily in that order!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

Ehhhh I suppose I might try to be slightly useful for a change:

Theres some event on in XXI tonight but I cant remember exactly what
    Tuesday...i dunno
    Wednesday is the Cherry Ball in 92
    Thurs is the Bunny Ball in XXI
    Fri theres cheap drink and DJs in the student bar

There should also be a beach ball and a traffic light ball on at some stage in the not too distant future if memory serves

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Friday in the student bar looks quite good..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Friday in the student bar looks quite good..

But of course; there will be drinking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ColmDawson

Where does one go to join societies that don't have stalls in the big tent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

ColmDawson wrote: »
    Where does one go to join societies that don't have stalls in the big tent?

All the official societies should be in the big tent I think.

The sports clubs will be up in the sports centre if it's the same as the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭meathawk

What's this about cheap drink in the student bar on friday?

Sean_K wrote: »
    All the official societies should be in the big tent I think.

The sports clubs will be up in the sports centre if it's the same as the last few years.

What about unofficial societies? I presume that means societies that don't get funding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

ColmDawson wrote: »
    What about unofficial societies? I presume that means societies that don't get funding.

There are socs in the tent that are official but only new so don't get funding for the first few years.

AFAIK most, if not all, socs both big and small should be in that tent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Unofficial is socs that aren't actually socs, just a bunch of guys that hang out together. To the best of my knowledge, every soc that is actually a soc, is in there.

Oh right ... I was looking for the Photographic Society in particular. Maybe I just didn't see it in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Lucet

Is there a dance society in the tent? I didn't find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Zuffer

All societies are supposed to have a stand in the tent. However, the society committee also have to get in there and man it. You're depending on students, so it is entirely possible there isn't a 100% success rate.

Have another look around tomorrow. You could have just missed them. Quite busy in there today. Otherwise, try emailing them. However, if they can't get their act together enough to man the stand, I wouldn't hold out hopes for the society having a particularly active year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

Zuffer wrote: »
    All societies are supposed to have a stand in the tent. However, the society committee also have to get in there and man it. You're depending on students, so it is entirely possible there isn't a 100% success rate.

Have another look around tomorrow. You could have just missed them. Quite busy in there today. Otherwise, try emailing them. However, if they can't get their act together enough to man the stand, I wouldn't hold out hopes for the society having a particularly active year.

Explaination of the PhotoSoc situation here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055682156

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Didn't join any Society's on monday. And didn't get up and go to UCD this morning...

I'll join some tomorrow :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Kournikova

Yeah I joined a couple today but i'll join a few more tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Clown

I only bothered with the L&H and Arts Society and a few others. Basically anyone who was giving out pizza :P Oh and the Philosophy Society coz they were giving 20% book discounts. I'm headin straight to Chapters 2mo :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

I joined the Actuarial and Financial soc (aka the alcohol and fun soc) and got two free pens cos I'm a girl :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

misslt wrote: »
    I joined the Actuarial and Financial soc (aka the alcohol and fun soc) and got two free pens cos I'm a girl :P

I hope they gave you a puzzle ball too:pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Kournikova

I have only been in the societes tent so far, how much is it to join sports clubs???

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Lucet

Kournikova wrote: »
    I have only been in the societes tent so far, how much is it to join sports clubs???

I think nearly all of them are in the region of 10-15 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭alois

what is it? havnt seen it in the tent, is it still there?

Advertisement