Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vaguest question of the day

• 12-09-2009 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have a very vague question but I know someone here will know.

Does anyone know the song/artist of the following:

I was dozing on a Sat morning and think it was radio 1 (RTE)
    I heard on a Saturday morning pre 11:00am
    It is classical music and involves only horns, no string or percussion.
    It has a regal feel to it and you would expect it to be played in a large hall to announce the arrival of a royal or similar.
    I think it the intro music to a particular show but am unsure as I never listen to radio one and was flicking around at the time.

Any help appreciated
    Sorry I know it's vague but I've given as much detail as I could remember as I was half asleep when I heard it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

It wasnt the intro to the news or the Marian Finucane show?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭p2p2p

It wasn't the news (that sounds like planet of the apes) buy it could be marion finucane.
    I don't usually listen to or watch any rte but if you could tell me the name of her theme tune I can check it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Sounds like you might be thinking of Sunday Miscellany which is broadcast at 9am on Sunday mornings. Horn intro which does indeed sound a bit regal.

http://www.rte.ie/radio1/sundaymiscellany/

You could try listening to the podcast or turning on the radio tomorrow. Email RTE and I'm sure they'd advise you of the piece of music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

http://dynamic.rte.ie/quickaxs/209-rte-sundaymiscellany-2009-08-30.smil has the intro on it if you've RealPlayer and want to check if thats it. You need to skip over the news, newspaper reviews, a preview of "this week" and some ads to get to it, its at 10:30 or so

Thanks Cashback and MYOB, it is indeed the intro to Sunday Miscellany.
    Just need to find out what is called now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭TimmyTarmac

Hello,
    Long time lurker, first time poster. I actually know this one. The tune used for a long time as intro to Sunday Miscellany is called 'Galliard Battaglia' by a German baroque composer who gloried in the name of Samuel Scheidt, pronounced "s***e" by the Lyric FM people I seem to remember. Maybe Marty might play it after Tony Bennett some day.

Woohoo! lol
    Thanks a mil Timmy, I knew someone here would know.
    Cheers

Advertisement