Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANON hf200 CAMCORDER

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

[quote=[Deleted User];62086211]I got the HV30 and its brilliant. Cannon dont make models that are NTSC/PAL/SECAM compatible, its one or the other. A lot of sellers on ebay claim that they are universal compatible which makes me wonder whats up?
    Saying that though I dont think an NTSC version would be a problem if you are going to be editing the footage anyway, but it would be nice to have the PAL. I got the pal version. Its an amazing camera for the price.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that:). I'm going for the HV version (PAL) as it records in SD also.
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭afatbollix

all HD cameras can use mini DV tapes it just uses them up quicker in HD mode.. about 48 mins to a 62 minute tape

afatbollix wrote: »
    all HD cameras can use mini DV tapes it just uses them up quicker in HD mode.. about 48 mins to a 62 minute tape

That's very interesting to know. Thanks for all the help guys.:)

Update:

Ordered brand new HV40 (PAL version). Thanks again for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Did you order off that ebay shop digigood in the end? If so was it shipped from the states or UK?

• Advertisement

Scruff wrote: »
    Did you order off that ebay shop digigood in the end? If so was it shipped from the states or UK?

No. Got it from this guy:

http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/BLA-Electronics__W0QQ_armrsZ1

It's the PAL model. Brand new, delivered for €810. Arrived yesterday. Delighted with it. Spent €300 more than I wanted, but what the heck - life's too short.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Great choice. I made this on my HV30 last night....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

great little movie m83

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 heclar

If you are going HD it doesn't matter wether it's PAL or NTSC, however the US version has more recording formats far as I know...
    Other differences in standard definition are PAL 25fps and NTSC 29fps

heclar wrote: »
    If you are going HD it doesn't matter wether it's PAL or NTSC, however the US version has more recording formats far as I know...
    Other differences in standard definition are PAL 25fps and NTSC 29fps

It will make a difference if you output in SD through composite.

• Advertisement
Advertisement